Weather Where You Are

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
. . . HiDelight tells me she has been watch pictures of our plight on TV....!! :caf

:rose Hattie :rose
Yes, there was a story by Daljit Dhaliwal on PBS, Global Watch. Of course, when it gets real difficult to get around, the local news people tend to just stick the camera out the window and film their parking lot.

I did learn that sanding trucks here are called "gritters" there. And, that Brighton on the south coast, destination for day-trippers and famously the home of the Palace Pier - is covered with snow!

Steve

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We got another 4 inches yesterday, with a bit of WIND. :barnie So, all together there are about 4 feet of snow on the ground and lots of 5-6 foot drifts and mountains and mountains of piled-up snow everywhere!! :he We have a new word to describe the shoveling:

TUNNELING. :th

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
With out 70% chance of snow we got....

Nothing.

It's just really really cold. It will be in the 50's by Saturday.

If you think that is weird, wait until April. It can be 70 one day and we can have a blizzard the next.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just got back in from snow blowing our 6" of snow. Temp is low 20's. All in all nice January day as long as the wind doesn't blow.

Coming home I got stuck in my own driveway as truck couldn't pull itself up on the packed snow that was a slick as ice.

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
With out 70% chance of snow we got....

Nothing.

It's just really really cold. It will be in the 50's by Saturday.

If you think that is weird, wait until April. It can be 70 one day and we can have a blizzard the next.
I know this has been such a COLD winter hasn't it? Last night is got down to -8 here, the windchill was -24. :lol: but my sister in MN said they had windchills of -40 to -60.

Hopefully we can skip the March blizzard this year, that really messed up the gardening plans last year. :/

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Warmfuzzies, are you in Omaha? The temps you just mentioned sound an awful lot like how it is here! :ep But I guess we're all getting similar weather...Come on Spring!! :rainbow-sun

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Today is actually pretty nice. Started at 15* and we're headed for 40*!
The last 3 days have been a whole nuther story though. We didn't get any snow, just freezing fog. Thought you might enjoy a couple of my frost pics.

6476_021.jpg

6476_020.jpg

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

We are expecting another snow storm in the next few hours. The previous 'dump' is still deep & crisp all over the countryside. We have been warned that in my area we could get 6" -- that is a lot for us. I have friends further north who are snowed in. So far they are enjoying the novelty.......!!

I wisely got in another grocery delivery yesterday & the driver told me that there were many places he couldn't get to in our area because the lanes were full of snow & ice. I live on a main road so it is kept clear by the local council.......so far! They are running out of salt & grit fast.

I spent a while yesterday outside in the strong sunshine shaking snow off my shrubs as they were full of the stuff. My poor myrtle was pinned to the ground so I released it. Now, at least, the wild birds can get to its berries. They have had all those on the rowan & the cotoneaster. All the old dried cardoon heads are strewn around the garden being torn apart.

Stay warm & cosy everyone! :D

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My toosh is frozen!!!!!!! :/

In fact, my pond had been frozen solid... and my ducks have been stuck on the other side of the pond all week and they just sit their and cry for me to come get them on the other side. Forget that! That's a long walk...

If they get hungry enough they'll walk around. :)

Latest posts