Weatherman So Wrong !!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
They sure were scaring the bejesus out of their viewing audience yesterday.
I guess they would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least you did not have the same experience as an apparent .0000143% of the people in your corner of the country.

Wake up this morning with no bread or milk in the kitchen!

Steve ;)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
They always predict the worst it can be. If they didn't do that and people and the government are unprepared if it actually hit, all kind of nasty things would be said about them and the government. I spent three decades in hurricane country. They always predict the worst but occasionally Katrina does happen.

Besides it adds drama to the forecast which viewers love. Drama helps the ratings. Some forecasters are worse about this than others. I generally avoid watching "Dan, Dan, the Severe Weatherman" because he gets so dramatic about his presentation. He has to find severe weather or the threat of severe weather somewhere each forecast even if he has to leave the country to find it. I don't like his attitude either. It's more about him than the weather. But that is just my opinion. Some people love him.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i went on Sunday for my groceries and it was a madhouse that day too.

my work let us out yesterday at 4:30 because the snow outside our windows had been coming down around 2:30 and looked nasty. as i was traveling home and got outside the business park the roads were clear and about a few miles down the road there was no snow falling. got home and still no snow falling till the time i got to bed around 10:30. woke up this morning around 5:30 and heard the howling wind and snow plow barreling down my street at probably 50mph! looked out the window and see some snow drifts only 6" deep, other areas just look like they got and inch. decided to go back to bed for more sleep in those warm blankets. i don't want to go outside but have to force myself. still need to check on the chickens and the other side of the house but i'm sure there is at least a foot of snow piled against it from the drift.

work canceled today while we were there yesterday. or other office in VT should be there handling calls so shouldn't be any massive interruptions in customer service. Wednesday i have to call before leaving to be sure they're going to be open or any delay.

from what i'm hearing most of the snow will be later tonight into Wednesday morning.

while we have power i'll clean house and probably put in a seed order. maybe order some plants too. got to get some shelves put together for my seed starting in the next month. :plbb some good will come of this storm!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a happy occasion when the weatherman are wrong in the direction of less than predicted. Glad you did not take a hard hit. Now it looks like the storm moved north of you.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie's, glad everything went well for you getting home. What a perfect time to do stuff around the house that you've been meaning too.

Mary

Latest posts