Weatherman So Wrong !!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hype is always better than Hit! I am happy that the weather didn't follow the predictions. Around here, it is usually the predicted non-events that hit us the hardest.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Acting like many a woman (sorry ladies but I had to wait like forever many times for my wife, daughter, sister,daughters in law ... to get ready to attend an event or party ) , Mother Nature decides to have a formal event and sends an RSVP invite to everyone to attend a formal party. She has a HUGE closet of clothes, hats, belts, purses , coats and shoes as well as a warehouse full of makeup. She tried on several dresses but can't decide exactly what to wear or what lipstick color goes best with the dress , so she changes her mind once again at the very last minute , then gets a headache and decides to cancel the party and throw another party next week in Paris ... :caf

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have at least a foot but with the wind there is no way to really know. We were supposed to get heavy snow with the fluffy stuff inland. The re is plenty of fluff but it is heavier underneath.The drifts are huge. We will not even attempt any clearing yet. It will snow until tonight and the winds are howling. My poor little Lily dog had a hard time deciding how to pee in this snow. I am shocked that we still have power. The town and the power company were cutting limbs along our road all year. So they must have done a good job site wide. Of course it's not over yet. This is the kind of storm where the power usually goes out for a couple of days.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, what i said earlier proved me wrong. went out to take the dog out and check chickens and the snow was up to my knees through most of the yard. certainly over the shoulder on my taller than average Corgi. so we had about 16"-18" of snow and it is still coming down though not as large on the flakes or as much. still blustery so will give it another hour and then take care of plowing the driveway and path to the coop.

dog was enjoying some of the snow this morning but couldn't figure out where to do his business without a pathway cleared first. so he was hopping behind me as i slogged through the snow to the cedar tree where there was about an inch of snow ringing around the tree instead of the 1+ foot everywhere else.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like it may be leaving Maine behind and the center moving into New Hampshire.

Click the Northeast loop on the above link ...

So much for me as a weather forecaster. I'm not sure if I'd be good for a couple hours at a time!

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, they predicted the most snow hitting us in NH near the seacoast, about 25" was the max. i spoke yesterday with someone from ME and they said they were only predicted to get about 6".

just got back in the house from taking care of our driveway and a neighbor's who is still in the hospital.