Weatherman So Wrong !!!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is still snowing here, but I do think it will be slowing down significantly overnight. It was a crazy storm! Really cold and windy, with white-out conditions. We have 15 -17".

I am so happy we did not lose power! I used the treadmill, had a hot shower, did some cooking, picked up the cello for the first time, and finally placed my seed order.

It will be challenging getting shoveled and plowed out of here in time for school tomorrow, but I would think we'll be going back. The city plows the school parking lot, and the city roads get priority, so that could be an issue if snow and wind go on into the wee hours, but I'm hoping to get back to work (despite thoroughly enjoying this day off!).

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those who are snowed in, a bit of green for your day.

No, not green with envy, but a nice color in our drought stricken state. The month of January is shaping up to be the driest since the 1890's. Ugh...there was even a fire south of us, which I took pics from our 3rd floor balcony. See the yellow finch watching me take the pics?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those who are snowed in, a bit of green for your day.

No, not green with envy, but a nice color in our drought stricken state. The month of January is shaping up to be the driest since the 1890's. Ugh...there was even a fire south of us, which I took pics from our 3rd floor balcony. See the yellow finch watching me take the pics?

Lovely view. I do see the finch. ;) That fire looks too close for comfort. Praying you all get the very needed rains soon. (But not all at once.)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, you take your lights down before July? WOW! How organized! :bow

I've got a different concern. Hopefully it will turn cold again real soon to put my mind at ease. I've been having temperatures in the 60's and even reaching the low 70's. It's January and that is not supposed to happen. Cold weather is on the way. February and even March are often my coldest months. I'm concerned some of my fruit trees will break dormancy and start to flower. It's been that warm that long. I got no peaches or plums last year because he trees flowered before winter had passed. :fl

I'm exaggerating of course, but while others have been suffering what they have been suffering (or enjoying) I've been working outside in short sleeves. I'm already working on my redneck tan.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner may be exaggerating but there's a note of anxiety there ...

Coldest Days, NOAA

I wish that map was more "in tune" with my poor color vision. Doesn't that look like @Jared77 has about the latest average dates there in Michigan? Wow . So much difference! It's easiest to see on this map:

Warmest Days, NOAA

Altho, maybe not quite such broad strokes (narrow strokes, on West Coast ;)).

Steve

Latest posts