Weed ID please

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I say if you can't kill it, eat it. Think permaculture. It is a type of dock. I have it growing everywhere. I never try to kill my weeds though. Just mow and wait for SHTF, lol.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you dig deep, you more likely than not, hit a warm spot that will make you sweat. Dig deeper and you will need a heat resistant suit. Dig some more and you will get soaked by rice patty water on the other side of the earth. Now, you just might get the entire root.:idunno

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I say if you can't kill it, eat it. Think permaculture. It is a type of dock. I have it growing everywhere. I never try to kill my weeds though. Just mow and wait for SHTF, lol.
I'll let you eat poison ivy or oak. Tell me how it is....

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Someone once told me about a poison ivy cure where you eat it then a friend of theirs tried it and ended up in the ER. I think I will stick to eating dock or poke salad.

I've heard that pigs are good for rooting up poison ivy, poison oak, dock, kudzu or about any nuisance plant or everything in sight for that matter. Of course you might not want to go that extreme for one dock plant.

Here is a site for making your own. I keep telling DH to make this instead of buying Roundup. I worry it might hurt my free range chickens to eat the dead and dying vegetation. http://www.food.com/recipe/weed-killer-at-half-the-price-of-round-up-434896

Last edited:

Latest posts