Weeds in my yard

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My yard has weeds and I need to get to pulling, but would like to know what they are. The yellow is on a thin stem that is wispy. The third has like a pod that opens with white flowers. The last picture gets kind of tall.

9494_weed_with_white_flowers.jpg

9494_weed_3_again.jpg

9494_weed_1.jpg

9494_weed_2_again.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
See now, I should know all of these . . . but don't . . .

#2 . . . is a buttercup. Not such a great invasive perennial. Can nearly take over a shady lawn. Not usually too much of a problem in the garden and has pretty yellow flowers. Keep it under control and in an out of the way place or eradicate it.

#3 is the annual garden baby's breath. Pesky and not very attractive.

#4 is just red clover. At least, I think so.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it was red clover, but was not sure. I have something else in the yard that looks like regular white clover, but has a red look, so this one I was not sure. The buttercup, I have no idea how I got it, but it probably came with my yellow raspberries that I bought last year because that is the only place they are growing SO FAR. The baby's breath, I am not sure if that is right. I am going to take a different picture. It does not seem to match pictures I looked at. Thank you!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
#! Garlic Mustard. Very invasive. Do NOT let it go to seed. Just keep pulling and mowing and you should me able to control it.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DD and I love red clover! I taught her something I used to do as a kid...pull the red "flower" stalks out of the flower and suck on them. They are sweet like sugar and very good! We used to do it for poor kids candy...LOL!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is close, but something different and mine is white. There are some more on a back fence that are really tall. I am going to take a picture of them tomorrow.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Enjoy the clover!!!

I keep ours around the grapes as it really seems to help them grow happy. Not mention that it keeps my yard heavy with honey bees who love them. Then... yes there is more greatness to clover... I pick the flower heads and seep to make a clover tea I turn into jelly!!! It tastes very much like clover honey and we LOVE it on toast!!!!

:D

Latest posts