Weight Loss . . .

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Steve, I have to tell you how jealous I am that you have ground showing! I have maybe 100 square feet under the trees where the bird feeders are that's bare, and I considered getting the rake out and getting a little practice in for spring. But I think I'll wait...

Yeah, put on a pair of my work jeans last week...nope! Put them back in the drawer and pulled out the comfy ones. I have been using the elliptical sort of faithfully, but now I need to up the intensity because spring is just going to all of a sudden drop on me and I'm scared!! Those first few weeks are painful!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, no greens for breakfast for me. I'll stick to my yogurt. I've been eating this for years and I'm surprised I've haven't gotten tired of it yet. I do try to eat 2 veggies and lunch along with whatever else though. Dinner is usually light but tonight I'm having a small piece of thin pizza. :rolleyes:

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
NinnyMary is a bay area gal! Girls who live around the bay area will probably outlive the rest of all humanity...They know all the right foods!

And that's the truth! Mendocino county women are next best. Go to a store and in the check out watch what women pull out of their shopping cart...lettuce, arugula, papayas, guavas, avocados, real juices, melons, fine pastas, yogurts, falafels, tofu, kosher crackers and pickles, sugar free this, fat free that, baked things, one small gourmet chocolate, chicken, fish, spices...where'd you find that mayaam?, something with chinese writing on the label, oh there's a sieve from the dry goods section, bag of split peas, lentils, 1 loaf of the finest sourdough bread...

Then, you see some guy unloading his shopping cart...
Doritos, candy, 20 cans of this, 10 cans of that, a new can opener, 7 huge bags of polish dogs, 3 rounds of hamburger, extra thick sliced bacon, a can of precooked ham, 10 cans of tuna, 2 huge jars of mayonnaise, 3 jars of ketchup, 2 cases of keystone beer, a 5 pack of bic lighters, 4 loaves of cheap bread, 2 boxes of butter...

For some reason women live longer than men. I wonder what may be the reason...

In fact, next time I go shopping, I might choose some healthy looking woman at random, and offer her 20 bucks to walk through the store with me and tell me what to get next time!!! 20 bucks for an enjoyable half hour telling a guy what to eat...that sounfds reasonable, doesn't it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes!

Mom nearly always took me shopping. She was an original health nut! Dad will be 95 in a few days. He has her to blame for that . . . and, I still don't know what all that was I was eating as a kid :p.

I was born in Carmel-by-the-Sea. Does Monterey Bay count for anything? However, I have no relatives there and haven't even seen the place since Noah was in the Whale.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, you sound like my next-door neighbor. You could probably work circles around me! :p

Really though, I figure we all tend to get a little too enthusiastic this time of year and over-do it those first couple of weeks. Spring comes in so fast around here, there's little time for transition. My garden plans/schemes also tend to be bigger than my muscles...ha.

Latest posts