Welcome to the Solstice!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once winter solstice is here I feel like spring is beginning. At least here in Cali, haha

Mary

we need to come up with another way of rebranding winter to make it more palatable and sellable to gardeners.

something like the Ides of March but with a gardening theme somehow? like "The long slow bloom of spring that warms you up with colors and scents!" :)

i'm liking this more already! thanks for the giggle and grins and warm thoughts.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
we need to come up with another way of rebranding winter to make it more palatable and sellable to gardeners.
Nature white-washing the brown canvas of the previous season, in preparation for the painting of a new masterpiece. The cold bright dream before the warm promise of Spring.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nature white-washing the brown canvas of the previous season, in preparation for the painting of a new masterpiece. The cold bright dream before the warm promise of Spring.

[ i just quoted your above comment over on SS too since i needed to add the links below to my thread there... :) ]

the blanket of snow theme really does work for me too as i do like my binkies. :) except there's often not that much snow sticking through the entire winter any more. we're getting a bit of snow today but it will be gone again soon enough.

what i want it to look like for the next 4 months:

pc140016_Snowy_Spiral_thm.jpg

100_4511_Blue_Ice_thm.jpg

what it usually looks like (plus showing how that cedar tree used to look when it was chewed up before it got tall enough to put on some topgrowth):

100_2745_Ye_Olde_Cedar_Tree_thm.jpg

and for fun since i was nosing around looking for a picture and came across that chewed up cedar tree this picture shows the two large cedar trees on either side of the driveway as they were back in June of 2013 (they're bigger now :) ). they were planted the same time as the cedar tree above which has been repeatedly chewed by deer.

100_7937_W_Central_2013_thm.jpg

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I really enjoy the shorter days. There is a kind of wonderful ambience to the grey days and frozen white landscape. I do enjoy the long days of summer, but the short winter days seem to welcome a feeling of rest and rejuvenation. Summer is all about activity here. And for kids, who don't look at clocks that much, once the sky darkens they seem to relax and wind down earlier in the day. I just love living in a 4 season climate. With every quarter turn, I feel so appreciative of the new season vibes.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really enjoy the shorter days. There is a kind of wonderful ambience to the grey days and frozen white landscape. I do enjoy the long days of summer, but the short winter days seem to welcome a feeling of rest and rejuvenation. Summer is all about activity here. And for kids, who don't look at clocks that much, once the sky darkens they seem to relax and wind down earlier in the day. I just love living in a 4 season climate. With every quarter turn, I feel so appreciative of the new season vibes.

i like all four seasons too! :)

Latest posts