Well crap...

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So... remember how we planted early??

Well, we covered the tomatoes really well... but some neighbor kids were traipsing about egging houses and tore down the sheeting over the tomatoes... and lost them. We didn't cover the cauliflower, broccoli, or brussel sprouts and lost them too!? What the heck! :he Here I thought that they would be okay so we didn't cover them!

*sigh* I guess it's a good thing that the plants are on sale at the feed store right now for $1.50 a 4 pack. :hu

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
that just plain sucks all your hard work down the drain.. sorry for your loss..

another reason for better parental control of their children...... it's 5 o'clock do you know where your children are?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes... if my children did something like that, they would be going to each persons house and cleaning everything they messed up! I was so upset! I guess it's a good thing that I did bring in the one plant that we were planting elsewhere because it's my very last Mexico Midget tomato!!

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is terrible news. I hate it when someone loses out after hard work :(

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
sorry I grew up under the spare the rod spoil the child. I wouldn't have been able to sit for week, would of had to apologize and clean up mess and pay for new plants. Parent let kids run wild then claim it wasn't there kid. Do you know who the kids are?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would make me so mad! People don't realize how much work goes into growing plants. I hope you know who the kids are.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh no! I remember the "early planting" post and wondered if it might have been a bit early. You might have pulled it off except for the dang kids.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy you better believe my parents would have marched us over there.... cleanup, pay and apologize. (And I would have done the same to mine.) I seem to remember a broken window... NOT ME. :hide

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Unfortunately... we don't know who the kids were. They egged several cars/houses in the neighborhood though. I remember one time my older sister and brother got in trouble for soaping houses on Halloween. My mom marched them to every house in town that had been soaped, even if they didn't do it, and made them clean every window. One guy laughed and said that they didn't have to clean his windows because they were bold enough to soap his windows with him sitting right there watching TV, than it was his fault. I don't let my kids run wild, and they also know not to do things like that because they were right there with us preparing the garden, helping start plants and transplanting them as well. They were both very upset that someone did that.

I still don't understand why the cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts didn't make it though. :\