Well don't that just beat all...grumble grumble

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well that sure stinks .kind of sounds like the circuit board died, go see a appliance repair shop and tell them what happened, they will know what the problem is and sell you the part a lot cheaper than having a repair person come out... and before you say it ..yes you can do the repair yourself.... just turn off the power to the stove at the breaker panel...

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ha...we shall see what happens. DH asked his electrician contractor friend about it. He said he hauls the off all the time. At least I don't use the oven very often. :thumbsup

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's why I love a gas stove, as simple a model as one can get. I've had electric before and they are always, always a pain to work with, even when they are working properly.

I sure hope you get this fixed cheaply!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
when we bought the doublewide it came out a ge electric stove, in 18 years have placed the motherboard the oven control board all 4 burner switches numinous burner coils and both oven coils.. need to look up the stove top it has over the years on all 4 burners started to sloop to the center... yes would love to have a gas range....

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I miss having a gas range, but gas here in this area of SC, is not feasible. It would have to be propane, and we have NOTHING propane in the house. I do have 2 of those single burner thingy's....but they are outside only.
This is one of those smooth top GE ovens. I never wanted one either, but when we got this property, there was no appliances, only set up for electric stove, and this stove was very affordable. DH's mom, has a friend who sent us to a lady's house to get the stove and side by side fridge...lightly used....$500.00 for both. We took it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
when we bought the doublewide it came out a ge electric stove, in 18 years have placed the motherboard the oven control board all 4 burner switches numinous burner coils and both oven coils.. need to look up the stove top it has over the years on all 4 burners started to sloop to the center... yes would love to have a gas range....
Major this reminds me of the opening of 6 million dollar man. We can rebuild him sorry no sleep last night

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup going to keep rebuilding it as long as parts are cheap.... point in fact our ge fridge stop dispensing ice 10+ years ago, the motherboard was 415.00 my cost. downloaded the wiring schematics for it..all it took to fix was a simple staple to be a jumper....
IMG_0757[1].JPG

still to this date we have ice. it might cube or it might be crushed. but we have ice...repair cost .0001 cent...
in this day and age its well worth to repair ,rather than replace...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss having a gas range, but gas here in this area of SC, is not feasible. It would have to be propane, and we have NOTHING propane in the house. I do have 2 of those single burner thingy's....but they are outside only.
/QUOTE]

Moxie, that's how we are set up....propane tank outside and all it serves is our gas stove, nothing else in the house is run on gas.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember when ALL gas stoves had a pilot light. Thank you former President Jimmy Carter for doing your part for the "saving energy" blather and doing away with pilot lights. Now gas stoves come with electronic ignition. Can you even get a gas stove with a pilot light any more?

We're all electric here. Been threatening to get a propane gas stove and run a line for a propane heater.

Latest posts