Well don't that just beat all...grumble grumble

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
this house had NOTHING. No stove. No fridge. Only the hot water heater. and when we got the place, DH was still at his previous job, post recession. We were really scrimping and couldn't afford new appliances. We got lucky when we were told this lady wanted to get rid of those 2 pieces, cheap.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sorry about your oven! Good thing you owned a crock pot!
DD's have bought me a new oven and mine didn't have any problems as bad as yours.
I had to move a rack to hold up the heating element on the top bc it was missing pieces and had fallen. I got a similar oven to this one and I especially love the 3rd rack (removable but you don't pull it out) on the bottom with a 2nd heating element underneath it. You can put a huge turkey roaster there.
I also have electric and a smooth top. It's not as easy to clean as you think, but they make products to help you keep it from burnt on food.
I never liked hearing the oven at the last house where it kept clicking numerous times before lighting and I kept wondering how much natural gas would I be spilling into the closed up house before it would explode with the next casually lit match.
ANYway, home on Friday to receive, so I will clean up my refrigerator and the kitchen floor underneath the fridge and the stove (and the portable dishwasher, looks like this~ )
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-24-875-in-64-Decibel-Portable-Dishwasher-White/50157896

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used a portable dishwasher in new kitchen biggest mistake I made. Much smaller then regular I thought I am just one person will be big enough. BIG mistake when I have company

Latest posts