Well, Here's what happened ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I get DVDs and Disks at the Library in South Lake Tahoe, view them and return them ```

Couple three days ago I picked up 5 (five) Disk titles ~ One of them, a 4 (four) disk set titled Vietnam ~ I played two disks, then put the second disk back into the jacket closed AND I thought I set it on the couch next to me dressed and headed down to my daughters ~ when I returned I turned prepared to watch the remaining two disks but I can't find them ~ the other four I picked up are here on the table, but for the life of me I can't find that set of disks ~ If they don't turn up I've bought them the Library makes that clear ```

I'm here alone at the mountain ranch ~ my youngest daughter and I stopped by for a couple minutes returning from Mount Davidson ~ we had Hiked up to the Cross, I wanted to see it since years ago when we bought the property from the City of San Francisco ```

Driving me loony I've looked everywhere I though it could be ~

If you've got that kind of vision help me ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
check the player, again, check the case to make sure you've not doubled up one over the other, check in between and underneath the player and the couch cushions, check the trash can, check the bathroom, check any books you might have been reading, check under and in between everything nearby, check the doggy bed or hiding places, if you have an elephant who has learned frisbee, check them too... check the cd player in your truck, car, house, make sure someone else didn't snag it. ask them. etc.

sometimes though, people have also sent us partially empty cases and when we get them they are supposed to be double checked before giving to patrons but not all librarian clerks are as on-the-job as others, so always look yourself too before leaving with an item.

yes, i did work at a library for years.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have checked the player, I can't find the case ~ I racking ~ could I have thrown it in the trash bag that I took with me down to the lower ranch and pitched in the trash pick it up with the clothing I threw in the washer (I checked that too) The girls just text me each suggesting where it might be ~ Yerazel just text "it'll turn up"

Makes me crazy ~ Good night ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
No I took it out of the player and put it back in the Jacket ~ I can't find the Jacket or packet the contained that and the other three disks ```

I don't know. did it some how find its way into the bag of trash I took down to the bin at the desert ranch ~ I got up this morning and looked a couple places ~ took the other Four titles back to the Library drop off ```

Yerazel said: she'll have a look today at lunch but ~ I don't know ```

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I think that I must have thrown it, the Disk Jacket with the 4 disks into the Trash Bag that I threw into be bin at the lower ranch ~ daughter came and looked a bit, but found nothing, Darn ```

I've lost things before that turned up later, I'd welcome that in this case ```

Latest posts