What about ivy?

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
You can put them in the ground but this time of the year they may not do to well. you can just start a glass full of them on a window sill.
They will do well in water for some time!

Joe
Yeah, i have had them in water for some time. I have to plant them now. It's killing me. Come what may! If they die in the winter, i will replant in the spring! Ivy is unending. I have to try now....seriously, it's killin' me not to. :barnie

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
O.k. it is done.

Here is my satellite tree, whose placement i am thrilled with.

S6304205.JPG

And here are the many tiny cuttings that will hopefully, one day soon, make the satellite tree easier to look at.

S6304206.JPG

I realize they're hardly visible. But i have batteries for my camera now, and i'm kind of giddy. :weee

Thanks, Joe!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Alright where do I start here?

I will go this way ; Although I love your enthusiasm, that is set up for failure!

The grass will win this battle!

Lets start over now that I see this tree.

First have you seen my Camo paint jobs?
Simple and cheap too! The dish itself will blend into the background !

How about if we take our cuttings up and put em back in the water for a day or so.

Now do we have a garden fork? If not that is going to be very handy!
never the less we need to get that grass out of there!
No not just the grass, we are after the roots! All of them will be impossible but we are going to get all that we can!

These cuttings will want to eat and grow! We want some good topsoil around the post, a little edging to mkeep the grass on one side and the good food source / soil on the other!

Now you are ready to place the pothos cuttings all around the post!
The fertile soil will make the vine not want to go the wrong way!
Soon one or two will find and want to gro up the post!

:tools Joe

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know, I saw some planters at the local hardware store that are triangular and meant to go around a pole. I wonder if that would work for your situation? Perhaps go backwards with it and start at the top....

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
You know, I saw some planters at the local hardware store that are triangular and meant to go around a pole. I wonder if that would work for your situation? Perhaps go backwards with it and start at the top....
OOh! That's an exciting notion!

But since there's no budget for gardening right now, i have to do with what i have. I know. I know. No budget for gardening!

But alas, we must remain focused on our goals. :)

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I understand the "no budget" thing - we never have a budget for gardening which is why I am always making something from nothing around here to try and accomodate my addiction.... :p

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Alright where do I start here?

I will go this way ; Although I love your enthusiasm, that is set up for failure!

The grass will win this battle!

Lets start over now that I see this tree.

First have you seen my Camo paint jobs?
Simple and cheap too! The dish itself will blend into the background !

How about if we take our cuttings up and put em back in the water for a day or so.

Now do we have a garden fork? If not that is going to be very handy!
never the less we need to get that grass out of there!
No not just the grass, we are after the roots! All of them will be impossible but we are going to get all that we can!

These cuttings will want to eat and grow! We want some good topsoil around the post, a little edging to mkeep the grass on one side and the good food source / soil on the other!

Now you are ready to place the pothos cuttings all around the post!
The fertile soil will make the vine not want to go the wrong way!
Soon one or two will find and want to gro up the post!

:tools Joe
My darling, Joe,

Just wanted to let you know that i am not entirely ignoring you. :p

I pulled some of the grass, though from your description, my grass isn't nearly as aggressive as yours is. :idunno

I guess i don't know what topsoil is. I thought topsoil was the soil on top. However, i dug some compost out of the very bottom of my compost bin (where it's actually composted) and mixed it with some of my soil and put it around the post and watered it in.

I will let you know how it goes.

As you might be noticing, there are some things i just have to try to see how they do - even if they may not be ideal. The observation is beneficial.

I welcome your critique. Please don't be offended if i appear to ignore you. :happy_flower

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No not at all!
You like to learn hands on and that is good.
It will make more sense to you when you see it in action.

The addition of compost will help!

Keep us posted on what you learn and such.

Joe

Latest posts