Attachments

• IMG_20210117_103400896.jpg
    IMG_20210117_103400896.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 202

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickweed?

oh yeah, supposedly edible, but i've never tried it. :) grows well here, but because it smothers other things out that i'd rather have i try to keep it under some type of control.

it being so invasive imagine someone giving away seed packets of this? well they did, which is how we got it, i thought it would be a nice thing to put in a spot i'd disturbed to fill it in. it did that and then some, and then some more, and then...

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh yeah, supposedly edible, but i've never tried it. :) grows well here, but because it smothers other things out that i'd rather have i try to keep it under some type of control.

it being so invasive imagine someone giving away seed packets of this? well they did, which is how we got it, i thought it would be a nice thing to put in a spot i'd disturbed to fill it in. it did that and then some, and then some more, and then...
I used to think of chickweed as a weed too! I used to throw it in the trash. Then I read it was edible so I tried some. It is SO good on a sandwich in place of lettuce! Especially if you pick it when it's fairly young.

Latest posts