What are these seeds or burrs?

CC

Leafing Out
Reaction score
10019_2013-05-280007.jpg

Here is the whole plant. Hope someone has an idea what it is.

CC

Leafing Out
Reaction score
10019_bax_head_cropped.jpg

The burrs or seeds are really easy to comb out with his soft fur. Just had to send what he looks like without the mess.
Thank you so much to canesisters for the instructions. Made posting so much easier.

CC

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Love your lab Smart Red. It is so wonderful that we can find such beautiful dogs in rescue. Bax was 4 when we got him and he has been with us just over a year. Gets into everything, and the neighbour's Westie has those terrible round brown burrs in his face which do have to be cut out.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your doggy is SO CUTE!!!

See, you got it. yea, TEG is more better to me than fb is, though i have a fb for both of my 2 children who happen to be cats.

I'm not sure what that weed is, but let me get a couple of plant identifying folks here to look. Thistlebloom gets herself determined and often winds up getting the id right. Me, I get all technical and often get it all wrong. MontyJ and Ridgerunner are real good at it too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you know what the flowers look like?

You might check this one out. If this is it, it's an invasive import.

Enchanter's Nightshade Circaea lutetiana

CC

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It looks like that is it. I checked the seeds again and they are very fuzzy. I have not seen the flowers before, just the mess they make on the dogs. We do have the vines of nightshade with the berries all around here. We back onto farm property and it grows everywhere. Should I be worried about this enchanters nightshade being poisonous? It does not appear that the different websites have a consensus.
Thanks so much for everyone's help and now being able to put a name on it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Welcome to TEG from Texas!! That's got to be the cutest dog ever! :love I don't know what those burrs are, but your dog is so sweet!

Latest posts