What are you canning now?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me know if apple marmalade tastes better than apple butter, which, IMO, taste good sometimes, but other times it's just...:sick

I agree. I like a LITTLE bit of apple butter now and then. My sister makes HUGE batches every year and gives me a couple of pints of it. After a couple of days, I'm over it. I wish they sold it in the tiny little pimento jars. That would be JUST enough. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane, tell your sister to use those tiny canning jars for you. I think they are referred to as spice jars. They may be too small, maybe use jelly jars instead.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't do that because then I'd have to admit that I didn't like it that much and that would hurt her feelings. The apple butter usually comes in a big basked FULL of all kinds of homemade goodies... I would NEVER risk the rest of that basket!
sSc_hiding2.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gotta have a warm, flaky biscuit to put apple butter on. I am always so frustrated when I go to make a PB&J and realize that all I have in the fridge is apple butter! :confused:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geeze, I keep derailing this thread.

I'm going to the produce auction tonight. If I can grab up anything interesting, I'll let yall know and will be canning that this weekend.
Does anyone can up greens in the Fall??

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't do that because then I'd have to admit that I didn't like it that much and that would hurt her feelings. The apple butter usually comes in a big basked FULL of all kinds of homemade goodies... I would NEVER risk the rest of that basket!
View attachment 9047
You buy her the small jars and explain that you love her apple butter so much you want it to last longer. Every time you finish a large jar -- quickly because you don't want a bit to go to waste, you wish you could have had two smaller jars instead so the delight could have been extended over a longer time.

I am much like you. I do like apple butter, but a little goes a long way. After a day or two, I want to put the butter away for a while until my taste buds start calling for it again. You just might use even more of the apple butter if you don't feel the need to force feed the last half jar to yourself.

Latest posts