What are you canning now?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I used chalkboard tape. They make dry erase tape too. And chalk markers... What will they think of next! I labeled everything so the odds were better the kids could find it when I send them after something. :p

Wow, and I thought I was up to date knowing about chalkboard paint. :rolleyes:I can't keep up!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is my first year to use a pressure canner. I have water bathed in the past, jams, jellies and such. This year I plan on doing a lot more with my water bath and using my new canner.

So far, in the water bath, I have canned: peaches, peach jam, peach jelly, strawberry jam, blueberry jam.
In the pressure canner I've only done carrots & green beans so far. Green beans from the garden and carrots from the store.

This week I will be canning more carrots and I hope green beans, if they continue to produce. I also plan on putting up some blueberry pie filling and maybe another load of jam.

Right now I have cucumbers in the water bath, bread & butter pickles. I hope they turn out good. The vinegar sure did stink while cooking.

IMG_5960.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw first batch of crock pot mator sauce this season...
mators
bells
onions
couple carrots.. yes they were washed and chopped before going in.....
IMG_2046.JPG

photos upon completion

Last edited:

Latest posts