What are You Eating from the Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There may be the most limited opportunities here but what are others enjoying at their tables?

The first for us is usually chives in some breakfast egg combination. Then, we saved some kale plants here at home. This year, we tried them as they began to flower. Very good! Scotch, Siberian and Portuguese kale. For weeks, and we are still eating them! I think we are gonna come close to eating from the same plants for 12 months.

Then ... there's the bok choy from the hoop house for about the last week. That may not really count because those beds are still covered with plastic film. I had escarole in my sandwich, yesterday.

What vegetables are you harvesting?

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The same as CD.
Asparagus, but I give it all away.
Got chives but they will likely just go to flowers.

THANX RICH

The flowers taste lovely...just like the chives! Forsooth that you give away asparagus!!!! :th I had a few spears and couldn't harvest them yet, would have loved to have a harvest....LOVE those things!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
not quite rhubarb time here. it doesn't get red right away. and if it frosts i wait a week or two after that to harvest any. mostly i give it away. i eat a little. used to eat a lot more but it gave my feet troubles (oxalic acid/oxylates), some dearly departed friends would take gallons of rhubarb sauce if i made it for them, but now i'm just down to one friend who wants some and an older couple who will take a few stalks.

hopefully in the next few weeks i can start back up on weeding some garlic out of a garden and that will give me green garlic to munch on.

strawberries are blooming, will be a while before i see some red berries. hope we don't get too hard of frosts now. forecast for the next week looks good, so if we can get past that and one more week we should be ok. got rain in the forecast again, but all nights are 50F or better. *knocks on wood head*

Latest posts