What are You Eating from the Garden?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge, for the first time ever, I've planted corn. It's in a container and I was so proud of all the seedlings. Until @seedcorn told me to thin them down to 3 or 4. :( Hope to one day be able to taste just picked corn so that I'll know what you'all rave about. :p

Mary
Patience, patience.... as it grows, when leaves start to look a little yellow/green, feed it nitrogen/sulfur (100:1). Once tasted, you will not want to go back to “store” sweet corn. @Ridgerunner knows this.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , now that is downright CRUEL!!!!! :barnie

I realize that, but sometimes you just have to brag.

Ridge, for the first time ever, I've planted corn. It's in a container and I was so proud of all the seedlings. Until @seedcorn told me to thin them down to 3 or 4. :( Hope to one day be able to taste just picked corn so that I'll know what you'all rave about. :p

Mary

Listen to Seed, he's an expert on corn. Corn is one of those things that fresh really makes a big difference. My wife tells the story of her father taking them outside of town to a farmer's stand where they'd pick corn fresh for you instead of having it already picked. You are in for a treat.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I realize that, but sometimes you just have to brag.

Listen to Seed, he's an expert on corn. Corn is one of those things that fresh really makes a big difference. My wife tells the story of her father taking them outside of town to a farmer's stand where they'd pick corn fresh for you instead of having it already picked. You are in for a treat.
I'm listening to Seed. I just don't see anyone growing corn around me. Wonder why? I will be so tickled if mine produces. Although we have squirrels, racoons, and rats to worry about. :(

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once silks are out, might consider taking in at night....although that will be a major task.

Latest posts