What are You Listening to?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240104_121236_Chrome.jpg

Perhaps surprisingly, Willie Nelson was a dj in Washington State during his early years.

I once had a neighbor who had lived in that part of the state after he moved there from Kansas. I remember him talking about Willie's unusual vvoice introducing songs and how he never expected to see him making a musical career in Nashville and Texas. :)

Never told the neighbor that I thought his Kansas accent was a bit unusual. ;) Better hearing at that time. Giving up on podcasts these days. DD had a suggestion, first podcast the soft-spoken host was talking to a South African expert on penguins. I had no idea what it was about.

Well, it's time for me to get some exercise. Maybe I will go with one of the oldies stations. No real need for me to be able to ID each song, just tolerate some commercial messages :).

digitS'
...And the beat goes on
And the beat goes on

Drums keep pounding
A rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da

And the beat goes on
And the beat goes on
And the beat goes ...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the usual background music here when Mom takes her afternoon siesta is this one and another which i can't find anymore (but it is three hours long instead of just an hour):

i am now immune to it, i put it on and my brain immediately puts it into the background and i don't really hear it at all.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Listening to it now ..

. good heavens ... relaxing ... 🕊️..

. I switched from the oldies station to pandora during the exercise. This is a long way from Savoy Brown and "Sunday Night." I remember thinking during the 70's that Savoy Brown was just right for me during times when I needed to pick up the pace. It seems a little simple now but that may be me ;). Still, it moves & works,

This Heart of Reiki is pleasant ... DW is napping on the couch and I'm here in the warm living room and lazyboy. Not sleepy but need to be calm. Ugh. She has the teevee on and i just looked up at the News. ? Keep my head down. Maybe go to internet where i can pick and choose "information." OH hey! The English countryside ... rock walls, green hills, wooly sheep 🐑 ... 1 2 3 4 5 ..

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just heard a new recording of Beethoven's 9th Symphony last night on Sirius Radio. OutSTANDING vocals and instrumentals!
The musicianship was spot on!
All of those dynamic and tempi markings that you may have seen in HS chorus/band and fudged, THEY performed them...to a "t."
I get really excited over stuff like this.
Gotta find it.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
the usual background music here when Mom takes her afternoon siesta is this one and another which i can't find anymore (but it is three hours long instead of just an hour):

i am now immune to it, i put it on and my brain immediately puts it into the background and i don't really hear it at all.
Wow... relaxing. I've been trying to get my heart rate down for days, and that works. Maybe that will help me to sleep better. Weird blip @ 22:00 though, like a record scratch.

P.S. A couple 3-hour relaxing videos appeared as links at the end.

Last edited:

Latest posts