What Are You Planting For Fall?

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've had luck planting spinach in August, for a late crop. You don't get as large a plant I found, but plenty enough for salads.Arugula can be planted now and harvested all winter, depending on the temps. Little early for garlic still, but leek seedlings might do well, if you don't get sub-zero temps later this year. My Kale self seeded from last winters carry overs, and it will grow well into the winter months, so you could probably do well with seeding some now.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I pulled the Walla Walla onions and hung them in the tool shed to dry; then I planted green beans in the spot vacated by the onions. With any luck I might just get a crop of green beans. :drool
jackb

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I pulled the Walla Walla onions and hung them in the tool shed to dry; then I planted green beans in the spot vacated by the onions. With any luck I might just get a crop of green beans. :drool
jackb

Good looking onions

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beginner's luck, really, I have never tried onions before. I mulched them with straw and it helped keep the weeds down and moisture in. Also, I fed them once a week, so that may have helped.:idunno

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... Benjamin Bunny has been doing a job on the final sowing of beans, from about the 15th. The rat!! I think only some of the seedlings are untouched.

Steve
IMG_20150917_091016487_HDR.jpg

I thought that the (ornamental) pepper could go in the veggie garden color thread but black is an absence of color ;).

The spring sown beans, including the purple beans, are spent ... you can see them in the background.

Steve

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww...but he's so cute! Nice stash of beans there Steve.

I hope to plant kale, peas (which I can't seem to grow) and lots of cauliflower.

Mary

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm planting kale, cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage, beets, onions, some different types of flowers, and some other stuff I can't remember. So thankful for our year-round growing season! :clap

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
What kind of beans are those, Steve? Nice view of the mountains there. I might be inspired to grow something different if I had mountains on my horizon.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
just finished up planting more beets,spinach, carrots,lettuce. the corn is almost done, once it's done pulled will start planting for the winter tunnel crops .

wish my fall beans looked that good....