What Are You Planting For Fall?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm planting kale, cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage, beets, onions, some different types of flowers, and some other stuff I can't remember. So thankful for our year-round growing season! :clap

I am usually so relieved when that last crop is out of the garden. Flower gardens are usually past their beauty and I forget them til spring. About 2 months later I miss going out to the garden to pick something fun. I think I would burn out without a break from it, but I could be in denial. :D

I will be planting my garlic around the end of the month, from bulbs I saved from last years crop.
If the weather holds out I would like to get a few new tulips planted.
Other than that, my rear will be planted behind my sewing machine for a while. :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a Denio Nevada, @lavendar2. I've laughed about the the name of that community for decades! If I could garden 12 months instead of 6, the first thing I'd do would be to shrink the garden by 1/2 :). I'd be on Easy Street ...

Those are Jade and Benjamin set 'em back good but here they come! Beans always surprise me - grow in cool weather but can't take a frost.

Steve
who looks at mountains in all directions. so he can't get outta here!!

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My winter garden isn't as much work as the summer garden. There are practically no weeds, so all I need to plant, mulch, water, and eat! I do a lot of sewing and scrapbooking in the winter too. ;) @Lavender2

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll be planting garlic next month. I'm putting in some elephant bulbs too for grins.

I've done the (almost) year round gardening gig, as well as having my business operate year round and I have to say I don't miss it.
It seemed as soon as I got the weeds under control, the winter rains would spring them back to life....and other stuff.
I did have a lot more busyness in my life way back then too though, with the kids being young, so maybe I wouldn't get as burned out now.

Latest posts