What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
4grandbabies said:
We planted shell peas, and potatoes this week. I also love snow peas, but have never raised them for some reason.
Snow Peas aren't any more difficult than shelling peas, you should give them a try. I just love them :)
Will look into growing them, I wonder if I could plant them this fall, I think the garden is planned for this year as far as space goes.

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We finally got some of the beds ready for seed, and with a beautiful sunny day it was time to get a few more things going.

Leeks, onions, sorrel, carrots (color blend), radishes, asian turnips, bulls blood beets, several lettuces, chinese kale (kailaan).

Did some soil prep for the new squash beds, dug yet more jerusalem artichokes to pot up and now its break time.

Next will be figuring out what to plant in the "small" south garden. Just have to clean it out first. Does Lovage relocate well? Gonna find out soon, the root system is HUGE!

Similar the the chokes, I had no idea it could do so much below ground! :tools

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My peas are in as is onion sets, spinach, chard & lettuces
inside I am waiting for peppers tomatoes basil parsley to sprout...

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I decided to place another one of my tomato plants in the greenhouse. As our April weather has been dismal, as usual, I am running late this year and have only two plants in place as of today. The plant in the photo is a variety named Trust. It is supposed to be a premium greenhouse variety and the seeds are more than a dollar each. As I test I will also grow Burpee Super Beefsteak plants, and it should be interesting to see if there is a tremendous difference in growth or yield.

trust.jpg

nancyjones

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is really pretty good thread to start with.

I am planning to plant tomatoes hydroponically, but I am newbie in hydroponics gardening so just worried about which hydroponics nutrients I should use it for my tomato plant. And I have heard that all hydroponics nutrients are not listed on nutrients label. It becomes difficult to select nutrients without proper listing. I mean I am not able to find out what is the difference between two company's same products. Because as all ingredients are not listed on it, so How can I find out which one will work best for me. which one will give me greater yields than the other.
In many instances, manufacturers want to add the actual list of ingredients but because the list provided by American Association of Plant Food Control Officials (AAPFCO) is stringent and restricts the labeling section, many ingredients are hidden from buyers. Because of this buyers are unaware of the beneficial ingredients present in the product. Manufacturers cannot even label the products ingredients as other ingredients; otherwise the product will be yanked from the shop and the manufacturer will be fined. To make it worse each state has different label laws which the manufacturer has to follow.

Is anybody there who can help me out in this?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn't it a great day Collector? I got my peas,lettuce, spinach, cabbage starts and seeds, and my lab rat tomatoes in. Yaaay!
Oh yeah, and 3 varieties of carrot.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I did some flower planting today, just odds and ends. I fertilized flowers and shrubs and fertilizes my tomatoes. The green peas, onions, potatoes, radishes, beets, asparagus and cucumbers are all coming up as well as the runner beans. The zucchini, summer squash and butternut should be up soon. The desert wind is damaging some of my flowers though. It's been blowing 25-30 mph for three days and is supposed to continue through Monday.