What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just got more planted two types of lettuce (seed) and transplanted my crimson sweet watermelons. I also transplanted my sugar baby watermelons but I think I might have killed them all in this heatwave, with not enough water.

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm done for the day and here is everything else I planted today (excluding what I listed earlier):
Bantam Corn
Multi-head Sunflowers
Marigolds
Blue Hubbard Squash
Connecticut Field Pumpkins
Blue of Hungaria squash
Rouge Vif D'Etampes pumpkins
Ronde de Nice summer squash
Lovage Herb
Only a couple of things to go!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . . the eggplants!

This year, they are all long Asian types - both green & lavender.

These are the last of the transplants for the garden!

. . . except for the basil, a few different varieties. I might squeeze in a few more cukes. There are more lettuce transplants to take the place of what we just started harvesting. I have some more greens to move around. . . . is there no end?!?

Steve :rolleyes:

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I couldn't resist. I planted a tomato in a bucket yesterday. I know (from experience) they do not do well in buckets, but I had this BIG seedling that was calling to me to be planted. I had no where to put him. I have several bucket left from last year with holes in the bottom drill for drainage. So I put some compost in the bottom and miracle gro in the top and planted it with a small wire tomato cage. I'm a sucker for a tomato.

It was calling me, "Melissa, plant me, I won't take up too much room and I'll make a lot of tomatoes, I promise. I need some fertilizer and water, I need room to grow." :p

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I finished planting the garden today! :ya I planted:
2 packets of Zucchini (the one being a couple years old so I doubt they will grow)
Yellow Summer Squash
Small Spoon Gourds (their yellow and green)
Snaps Dragons
2 Packets of Marigolds

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have finished putting in seedlings--- all heirlooms... 21 tomato plants...
15 cucumber plants...need to start beans and more carrots and beets...everything is off to a great start...we will see what surprises we will get this year...every year is a new challenges...

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had some flower seeds planted in a large basket container that hadn't come up, so this morning I popped some mini white cucumber seeds in the basket to see if THEY'LL come up!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I finished planting petunias and lantanas this morning. My roses are beautiful and I have salvia blooming also. I'll be picking zucchini next week from the looks of the fruit growing. I've already picked peas. I ordered a yucca and an Apache Plume from High Country Gardens out of NM and they arrived yesterday. They look wonderful. The Apache Plume has small white flowers but then it gets fuzzy pods in a smokey color and they're so pretty. I was told nothing grows in the desert but that's not true or I wouldn't have such a lovely garden. It's challenging but so pretty when in bloom. My 80+ bearded iris are finished until fall when the rebloomers kick in. Tomatoes will grow in buckets. My granddaughter buys these plastic buckets and plants tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and all other kinds of veggies like beans and lettuce.

Latest posts