What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have my little green greenhouse on the south facing window of the 2nd floor--my house has dormers--and I have lettuce, spinach (yes, I KNOW it's gonna be hard to transplant, but it's an experiment), leeks, onions, and peas in starter soil containers that have a bottom drain.

I bought a rosemary plant at the grocery store with a plastic tent around it. I removed the tent--rosemary likes it dry--and put the tent on top of a potted crysanthemum start that I rescued last Fall bc it needed more humidity and it likes it. I also started sweet pea seeds in a grocery store mushroom container and bagged it for humidity.
Thought you all might enjoy this (if you live in the USA).
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/
APPARently I live right on the border of 5b and 6a!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Started more tomatoes, basil, collards, kale and potted my Whopper strawberries and put them out under plastic with cabbage, onions, kale and collards that I started earlier. I decided to put the strawberries in a box and cover with plastic and hopefully have strawberries in June.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are having a 2 day nor'easter starting tomorrow morning.. I ran out to buy a few seeds-of course I bought way too much. My husband came along and added a few packs to the cart. I had started a ton of stuff but found I did not have cukes, marigolds, and I also wanted lupines.. I like nothing better than planting seeds in my greenhouse while a storm is raging around us.