What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
ozark hen said:
darn! And I wanted to plant garlic!!!
So plant it! I planted mine today. I'm three weeks later than usual, but I've planted it this late before and had a great crop the following summer.
Really? Well, I will have to buy some cloves quickly then. thanks

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was surprised, I didn't lose anything to the snow!! It pays to plant winter veggies!

Monica

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi,
I didn't personally plant anything today.I had "Oakland Nursery" in Delaware,Ohio, plant three "Cleveland Select" ornamental pear trees,3 -River Birch, and 3 false Cypress shrubs. It was snowing and so cold... There is no way I could have dug in the frozen ground.I just stood there and supervised(I know they loved that) also, our crazy lab jumped all over the guys.She isn't really trained very well.Between the dog and me,I'm sure they couldn't wait to get out of here....It looks really nice though.:gig

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I didn't plant anything here today but I PICKED brussel sprouts for dinner on Thanksgiving day! YUM!

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DH surprised me with 100 daffodil bulbs!! I probably will plant them tomorrow, maybe today:idunno

Monica

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
I didn't plant anything here today but I PICKED brussel sprouts for dinner on Thanksgiving day! YUM!
I usually do, but didn't grow any this year - that'll change for next season! There's nothing like fresh-picked brussels sprouts! :weee

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't planted anything yet today, but I will! I did plant several jugs on the deck. I added fresh soil and planted seeds to come up in the springs. I planted Coastal Tidy Tips, Black-eyed susans, California poppies, Blue Flax, Shasta daisies, and a few other things. I'll transplant in the spring! :)

I did finish tearing up my dead vines, and the few straggling plants that just didn't make it from their pots on the deck. :(

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today, I started to divide my vast Iris bed into other raised beds.

I think when I am all done, I will have close to 300 feet of freshly divided Irises that should explode in color come Spring.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sunflowers! And even more Sunflowers!

Close to one hundred seeds spread out randomly over the property.

I've also had help from the native bird population picking seeds from this Fall's mature seed heads and placing them in various spots.

Latest posts