What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks, Punkin! This was on my wish list, to get going with this site - I love it! Good luck setting out the broc & cauli. Now, if the monster mosquitoes will let me, I'm going to harvest more little broc offshoots - only have time for one crop of plants, but they keep producing small side heads.

If you never hear from me again, the bugs got me........:rant

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted more radishes today, my first round should be ready next weekend and I want to make sure I such every last veggi out of this season as I can.

As for this week, I'm so excited! I found a guy on Craigslist who will come plant me a crepe myrtle in my yard, compost, mulch the works for $70!!! A 7-10' tree, not a little itty bitty! I'm siked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kwynn

Sprout
Reaction score
Today i'm planting perennial seeds, (delphinium, columbine, iris, and poppies.) It's fall time here, and they should sprout next spring. :/ I'm not ready for winter... :(

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well yesterday actually.

I planted a row of Kale and spinich and radishes and a half row of mustard and turnip greens.

Then DH put a temporary fence up around it to keep the chickens out. It was such a funny sight when we got through because they marched around it like in the cowboy movies when the indians circled the wagons, they just knew there was a way in some how. LOL

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, today I had to replace some of the broccoli I had planted a couple of weeks ago. The bugs ate some down to the nub. I really hated to, but I had to sprinkle sevin on it. The organic soap just wasn't doing the job.

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
punkin, have you tried using DE (diatomaceous earth) for pest bugs in the garden? The only catch is to just use it when needed, as it kills beneficial insects as well...but it gets away from using a chemical.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok... I'm going to go out today, and plant my columbine seeds.... HOWEVER, I have this NASTY cat who's been using my flower bed as a litter box lately and I've been digging out cat poop. Is this going to kill that chances of anything coming up there now in the spring!??! :mad:

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
IF you have some blackberry patches around that have dead canes in them and IF you can cut the dead canes out without getting scratched to pieces you can lay a mat down over where you planted the new seeds and that may deter the cat from your flower bed.

Latest posts