What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since we weren't celebrating yesterday and the weather was beautiful, I took the opportunity to plant a couple more beds in my back garden. My beds aren't very big due to the space I have available. They are long and thin, about 1.5ft by 8ft. I planted one with mesclun mix and endive and the other with cilantro, australian brown onion, and green arrow peas.

I still need to plant my front garden, but I have been waiting for the sycamore tree that shades it to drop the rest of its leaves. Our recent storm knocked off the majority of them, so now I just have to clear off the leaves and replant that area. I hope to get that done this coming week.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
in my mind last night i was planting tomatoes! when i woke up this morning and looked out the window my hopes were buried under the 6" of snow we got last night during our 'blizzard'. :(

i've been updating my seed/plant database and i think that got the thoughts of 'dancing plum tomatoes' in my head last night! :p

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I heard about your blizzard that went up the east coast. I have family in NC and it hit them. It's cold here in zone 8B and not much is happening in the garden. I do need to get out and clean up the iris bed and a few other areas. Once the daffodils start coming up I'll begin my planting. We've had lots of rain in the high desert so the wildflowers will be lovely this year and my trees should grow some more. They always do better from natural water than irrigation.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
uuuugghh! don't go rubbing it in that you can do all that stuff this time of year! i keep scanning ebay for deals on seeds from my favorite sellers and trying to restrain myself just a little longer from buying more stuff!

i think i am just going to start some lettuce in the house and sit back to watch it grow! :D

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
living where we do does have some advantages but we sometimes get snow since we live at 2500 feet and our winters have some very bad winds. The winds are what does the most damage.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
desertwillow said:
I heard about your blizzard that went up the east coast. I have family in NC and it hit them. It's cold here in zone 8B and not much is happening in the garden. I do need to get out and clean up the iris bed and a few other areas. Once the daffodils start coming up I'll begin my planting. We've had lots of rain in the high desert so the wildflowers will be lovely this year and my trees should grow some more. They always do better from natural water than irrigation.
Yeah i just got back from NC 5 days ago, they got around 7" of snow. Winter sure is not normal this year down there, with below average temps.
We got hit pretty hard here in NY, nothing to keep your mind off this winter than thinking about spring. And to think Winter has just began :barnie . We have awhile to go before Winter is over.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
7504_snow_out_back_doo_warren_russell006.jpg

I'm planting my fanny in front of the fire with a stack of seed catalogs...or a good book...or both!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ordered my seeds and got them last week (at least the first of my seeds) and I am thinking about starting onions this weekend. I ordered an indoor herb planter and hoping it comes next week. Funny how gardeners get when the ground freezes.

Anyone growing Ailsa Craigs? This is my first year for them.