What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Started 10 "pots" of broccoli and 10 of lettuce, today. HAD to try out the cold frame. Got 48 more pots ready to drop seeds in.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Any planting I'll be doing will be indoors. The weatherman is saying snow down to 2000 feet on Saturday and we're at 2541. It will be fun to see and it won't last long. It's going to be really cold for the next few days. My Christmas cactus is blooming. It's red and I have another still in bud that is white. My Amaryllis hasn't bloomed yet but it has two buds and the box showed the red and white so it should be pretty. I may plant some basil as I was given seeds and I have two African Violet leaves I think I'll put in soil tomorrow.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not planting yet..but sure want too. We are having a wierd warm up right now...48 degrees here right now, all our snow melted overnight...won't last long...I am sure we will be back to single digits in no time! Mother nature must have her tail in a twist!
Happy New Year,
Christie :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
mothergoose said:
Not planting yet..but sure want too. We are having a wierd warm up right now...48 degrees here right now, all our snow melted overnight...won't last long...I am sure we will be back to single digits in no time! Mother nature must have her tail in a twist!
Happy New Year,
:frow

We have a similar situation here in the south of the UK after about 4 weeks of deep snow (for here, about a foot) & ice. but I think we will have a lot more in the New year. We had temperatures of - 15*C some nights so I lost a lot of stuff even though it was covered. Some might re-sprout if I'm lucky.

I am going to sow some leeks & salad greens indoors though.

:tools :tools HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :tools :tools

:D Hattie :D

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
mothergoose said:
Happy New Year,
:frow

We have a similar situation here in the south of the UK after about 4 weeks of deep snow (for here, about a foot) & ice. but I think we will have a lot more in the New year. We had temperatures of - 15*C some nights so I lost a lot of stuff even though it was covered. Some might re-sprout if I'm lucky.

I am going to sow some leeks & salad greens indoors though.

:tools :tools HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :tools :tools

:D Hattie :D
Happy New Year Hattie. It's cold all over, even in sunny California. They're calling for snow in our area of the high desert down to 2,000 feet of elevation so that includes us.

CJStAugustine

Sprout
Reaction score
I planted more broccli seeds, some lettuce, beets, carrots about a week ago. Today, it warmed up and the broccli and lettuce are sprouting.:) We had some hard freezes this month.

Anyone else in NE Florida on here? We live in St Augustine

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, CJ there are a few folks from Florida on here... Why don't you post an "introduction". Not everyone keeps up on this planting post. Welcome to TEG!! Tell us all about your garden. Let us northerner's live vicariously through you!
Here it is the first day of January- and I actually spent time outside and in the garden!!! If we could just have 2 or 3 days like this each month, winter would be a lot easier to take!! Snow is melted- I spread some chicken poop and egg shells. Even cleaned out the coop!! All without freezing! Snow and below freezing temps for tomorrow. But, at least I got to smell the dirt!!

Latest posts