What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow

I haven't planted much today, just a few lettuces & some climbing beans, some for me & some for a sick neighbor. I have been filling up my new raised beds. :weight It's hard work for an old lady! :old

I had to move a fence first! The actual beds are easy to deal with as they are those twin-walled black PVC modular ones--mine are about 6 years old & still perfect. They have been buried under masses of brambles & nettles for the last 3 years, sadly neglected by me( due to ill health).

Now I've cleared all the mess away I have a much larger garden -- I intend to grow potatoes in this area as they will help to break up the soil. I've already chitted a whole lot,in preparation, so they are ready to put in this coming week. We are expecting rain on Monday so I will wait till after that to plant.

:rainbow-sun Hi big brown horse :happy_flower

The weather here is perfect for Spring planting -- warm, with occasional short showers & a lot of sun. The nights are chilly but not frosty. I'm still have my floating fleece on all the veg except the peas which are now climbing theit sticks that I put in yesterday. Luckily a neighbor cut down a tree a couple of weeks ago so I scavenged a good supply. "Waste not; want not" :old

I hope you are enjoying your weekend -- I'm off to bed now! I'm tired & making too many mistakes typing this! Goodnight everyone -- sweet dreams. :bouquet

:rose Hattie :rose

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This week I tilled and rake a large area of the garden. I have a huge bruise to show for it. I planted:

tomatoes
peppers
radish
carrots
collards
beans
Black eyed peas
okra
lima beans
corn
Sunflower seed.

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This past week I planted:
potatoes, 2 kinds
sugar snap peas
spinach
Swiss Chard
Brussels Sprouts
broccoli
Red Russian Kale
bok choy
lettuce
fennel
parsley
chives
the coriander replanted itself!
and last but not least, pansies & violas went into the strawberry pot

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did a lot of work in my flower bed yesterday, and today is going to be rainy, so I didn't do too much with the veggies. But I did start some zukes and melons yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed that next weekend is sunny!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not much planting this weekend just cleanup, painting, and mulching. Did some potting up of lots and lots of seedlings into cell packs and 4 inch pots :clap Will start my aspargus beans so they can be ready for the straw bale planting Thinking I might do some sugar baby watermelons that way too.
We got a short shower this morning, I hope that is all for a couple of days. Need the :coolsun to dry things out so folks can work their gardens around here.
Have a great day everyone :rainbow-sun

:happy_flower Karan :D

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wow! I haven't been on for a while and I may never catch up with what everyone is doing/has done while I've been gone. Weather has us confused with somewhere else. Rainy/wet like we seldom see. We aren't a desert at the moment. lol
Hope to actually find my garden beds again and plant everything I can in the next few days. Too muddy to till new area (used to be a garden) that I hope to put back into production. My adult kids all want to garden and can the produce, but have no space.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wow! I still have so much to do! Here is what I would like to get planted this week:

Tomatoes
Beans
More lettuce
More carrots
corn
5 kinds of winter squash
3 kinds of summer squash
4 kinds of melons
zinnias, cosmos, and mexican sunflowers in a cutting bed
marigolds
Nasturniums
New Zealand spinach
Brooder mix for the chickies

And I am digging all the beds by hand! And the :coolsun is hot....

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi warmfuzzies, :frow

I see you are planting a Brooder Mix for your chicks! Do you buy it as a mix or is it something you put together yourself ? What plants does it contain? I'm very interested in it because I too keep chickens & belong to BYC ( I've seen your posts on there). I have been searching for such a mix; can't find it over here in the UK -- so I've been trying to put one together for myself. Any info would be very useful! :bow

You look as if this week is going to be pretty busy for you in the garden --I hope the weather is OK! :cool:

Over here we have had perfect planting weather for a couple of weeks but yesterday it started to go downhill -- much colder, very high winds (drying everything out, all not at all good news for young plants etc). It rained a bit but not enough to counteract the drying effect of the wind -- so a lot of watering & anchoring of floating fleeces! :barnie

I hope everyone has a good gardening week :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Still too early forsome veggies :he but I got my rose garden started this weekend :tools the grandkids turned it over for me and added peat and composted manure :bow....besides roses I have put in peony and daylily this will be an ongoing project as it is a quite large area... :rose

My sugar peas are up :weee and I have put my tomatoes & cucumbers in the cold frame I have zuc and summer squash up under floating row covers... :watering

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hattie, I got the brooder mix from a seed swap at BYC. But it is from Sandhill Preservation. If you go to their website they have info on the sprin gand fall brooder mixes. They list some of what is in it.

I dont know if you can get it over there, but you could get a good idea of what is in it from the website. I am excited to try it. Anything for our girls, huh? :lol:

Our weather is sunny, like normal, but it is not as hot as some years. :coolsun It got to the upper 70s today.

Latest posts