What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sounds like the year I planted 12 dozen tomato plants. I canned so many tomato products, sauces, etc. Was a wonderful year!:)

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think we have all gone crazy about planting lots of tomato plants this year. Even I have well over 50. :lol: :gig I love them & often have spent a fortune on buying them, especially in the winter. I want to preserve a lot this year & make my own ketchup & chutneys. I've grown 6varieties of basil to keep them company.

I think I shall have to ask my neighbours to save their jam-jars for me. I have some in a box in the barn along with preserving jars with rubber rings.

My mulberry tree has set a lot of fruit this year so I might be able to make Mulberry Jam. I've never made it before! :lol:

Today I'm potting up aubergines & peppers Plus the smaller tomatoes. I shall also plant up my hanging baskets with a mixture of herbs,veg & flowers.

It's going to be another very warm (for us) day. After lunch yesterday was too much for me -- I retired to watch the new chicks with their Mum in the shade. I think I shall be doing the same today! :coolsun

Enjoy your Sunday! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh please take it easy there Sister Hattie. We need you to stay your healthy, vibrante and cheery self. :celebrate :watering :rose We don't want you get down again. so please take care :thumbsup

I love watching little chicks :love :clap I will love it when either one of our chickens or Ducks go broody and hatch some of their own. :love

Please enjoy your wonderful Garden with Momma and her little ones :happy_flower :coolsun :bouquet

:happy_flower Karan :D

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
II retired to watch the new chicks with their Mum in the shade. I think I shall be doing the same today! :coolsun

:rose Hattie :rose
That sounds nice and relaxing! Enjoy!

P.S. 50 tomato plants!!! :ep Wow-wow!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My garden looked like this this morning....
the 1st of 2 straw bales planted with Asparagus beans

The Southern raised bed before I harvested lettuce for wilted lettuce.
Then the bed to the north is now uncovered and bare.

Well as of 7pm this evening we finished the straw bale planting. ( Well I have been wondering about planting cabbage or brussell sprouts in the sides ) 41 Asparagus bean plants and 1 Sweet Banana Pepper at the east end. :ya

And just 2 1/2 foot south of the straw bales, My new planters. Chief Deputy brought me some mineral tubs. Sure hope he has more these are great. :watering We planted 2 Zucchini & 2 cabbage in 1, sugar Baby & Moon & Stars watermelons in a 2nd, and Black Diamond watermelon and Cantaloupe in the 3rd.

And that Bare Raised bed is No longer bare. cabbage, Acorn Squash, Butternut Squash, a couple of Big Jim Jalapeno's. Egg Plant, 4 Golden Orange Bell Peppers. And Cucumbers with the tomato cages I think we are Done :th

Unless DH builds another raised Bed. :th

I just love being this kinda tired :thumbsup

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted flowers today. My son was cutting and selling firewood this past winter and had a huge log that was hollow, in 2 about 2' high by3 1/2' wide sections. I claimed 2 of them to plant flowers in. I planted 12 yellow grape tomato plants and 2 honeydew yesterday. My corn that I planted about 2-3 weeks ago, 3 8' rows, I have about 5 plants. I guess Im going to try reseeding but its been so consistantly 65-70 degrees around here and 35-45 at night I dont know what will happen. And 8 cucumber seeds that are a no show but I do have 8 of 10 sunflowers up. :fl

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My sweet potato slips arrived in the mail today, so I guess I'll be planting them tomorrow.......if I can find a spot for them! I totally forgot about them! :hu

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Catalina said:
My sweet potato slips arrived in the mail today, so I guess I'll be planting them tomorrow.......if I can find a spot for them! I totally forgot about them! :hu
:th Thank you ,,,, so I am in good Company. :hugs I'm glad I'm not the only the only one there :hu I also had forgotten about my Sweet Potato starts :barnie So I'm not done either :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: I asked Chief Deputy if he had any more mineral tubs. :ya Yes he does :woot We just had a good rain go through so all is watered well :thumbsup

Happy Gardening all

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I planted two bell pepper plants that I think I probably killed, but I went ahead and planted them anyway.

It's raining right now, so maybe a nice shower will help them revive. :fl none of my seedlings made it so these are my last hope.

Latest posts