What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
today I planted lettuce and multi colored mini bell pepper seeds in trays. I apparently have too much nitrogen in my old garden bed so will need to plant peas or something there this year.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted Red cabbage, Bok Choy, Broccoli rapini, Mizuna, Lettuce, 3 bareroot Plum trees, got the tomato beds ready for next month.

Weeded 450 sq. ft of garden beds, I'm tired, looking forward to going back to work tomorrow to get some needed rest!:lol:

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Got my shallots from bulbs planted today. I might be a tad early but I have the spare ground and it will come up when the time is right. I saved shallot seed last year so I'll plant some from seed and see what happens. I never planted shallot from seed before. I prefer shallots over onions becuse they store so easy and keep so long. They can substitute in any recipe that calls for onions.
Hoodat.. You'll do fine with the shallots. I grew them a few years back and you get tons from a single plant.. I had a hole box full of them and gave a bunch to some neighbors.. Unfortunately I lost the remaining during a remodel and haven't grown any more since.. I find them nicer than growing onions..

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in zone 8a and it was 85 today. Winter isn't over by a long shot but my roses have leaf buds that will get nipped when it turns frosty again. I even saw a lady bug on the roses yesterday.

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mother nature is teasing us Californians. I love to play along. I try to take advantage of the good weather. Like Beavis did. Do what I can now so by the end of Feb, March after the rains stop I will be ready to go.

I am weeding, picking my fall carrots and adding composted manure by the truck load.

:tools

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wow, 85...were still freezing at night, and cold fog and rain days. Cant wait to see the sun again! that reminds me, better prune the 50+ roses!!!!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My roses are pruned thank goodness but I only have about 20. They do well in the high desert along with my 100 or so bearded iris.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
They're pretty when in bloom. I have all colors of the bearded iris so they put on a show. I'm planning on getting a Cecil Brunner climber. I had one at the other place and it grew so well. I think it will do well here because the Lady Banks rose does well here. I'm considering some David Austin roses also. It's going to turn cold again I know but it is bare root planting time. I've already moved a tree and a rambling rose I bought at a garage sale. Our last frost date is April 15th but our weather is funny this year. We had snow on the ground the 3rd but was gone by the 5th but we don't usually get snow even though we are at 2500 feet.

Luvsroses

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a Cecil Brunner, its really worry free and pretty flowers. I would love to see a pic of those Iris if you have one...;) Tomorrow Im planting more lettuce.
I would like a bigger garden this year, want to extend out into the pasture where the grass doesnt get watered anyway. Also want to try giant pumpkins and heirloom tomatoes.

Latest posts