What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

I'm A Gardener :)

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted...

10 ever-bearing strawberry roots from WalMart
A row of swiss chard seeds

I also mulched everything with some hay :)

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planted blueberries today! Currently preparing places to plant the apples, plum, and gooseberries. I needed a break. Even with help from my teenage son, I can only work so long at a time.

Besides, it just decided to start spitting a few snowflakes down on us. Seems time to give it up for a while. We've had crazy weather this year!

callemin

Sprout
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be planting 2 apples. I'm in zone 6 and not sure if it is still to cold at night.

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Transplanted corn. They are in wall-o-waters. Planted Yukon Gold potatoes. Put tomato seedlings in the cold frame. Checked on the cabbage under the frost blanket and that spouted :D
Brave woman! We're in 6a over here and I haven't stuck anything outside yet.
Just planted my giant pumpkin inside on Saturday, jalapeno and habanero just over a week ago... but nothing showing yet.
We have 2 red raspberry and 2 blueberry bushes inside waiting for the last frost since they have leaves like crazy... 1 of the blueberry bushes even has 2 clusters of blossoms already!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Without the wall-o-water or cold frame set-ups, it would be insane to plant this time of year. We just got more snow last night. :tongue

I have chinese cabbage growing under a frost blanket and that is doing well. The corn I put out is fine despite the snow dusting. Many of my perennials are growing well. The day lilies, thyme, and chives are up. Starting to see hollyhock leaves too. I should be seeing rhubarb shortly.

I checked with the CSU extension and they said NOW is when you plant potatoes so I started a garbage can set up with some Yukon Golds.

Beans and melons are going nuts in the cold frame. I already have some melon flowers!!!

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in zone 8b and we have potatoes, peas and beets planted and also carrots. I have tomatoes in a raised bed and they're doing great. I cover them at night though as the wind can get downright cold at night. I have radishes coming up in the same bed. I'm trying a few different tomatoes this year. Our area is hard to grow tomatoes in due to the hot summers. I'm trying an heirloom called Red Stripey and another that's heat tolerant called Solar Fire. It must be a new one as I haven't seen it before. A few years back I grew Arkansas Traveler which is heat tolerant and it di very well but I haven't seen it two years running now. Maybe I need to experiment with seeds. I have roses in bud and Lady Banks roses on the front fence in bloom. It's been a carzy winter here for us. we even got snow and that's unusual for us.

mare

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have a new flower bed to plant so hopefully tomorrow I'll be moving 2 hydrangeas, shasta daisies and creeping phlox. Then I'll be making a list of what else I want in there. There's a plant sale in 2 wks I have to get my list ready for.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rozzie,

Regarding your question on the pump; I have one large pump and run five systems off of it. Air pumps are not expensive, and you could probably get away with running two systems off a cheap pump from the Wal-Mart pet department.
Jack

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just prepped my rows this week. Was going to put in some 22 tomato seedlings and 10 peppers (gifts from my neighbor), but I couldn't find my tools?!

So, after work I have to stop in at the Nursery for tools and pinestraw mulch (to go overtop the newspaper mulch, 'cuz I won't be able to look at it until all the plants grow in). And I'll probly pick up my herbs (lavender, rosemary, parsley, sage, thyme, texas tarragon, mint, chives) while I'm there. And maybe a fig or orange tree. Maybe an apple... Peach tree? SURE! OOOH, AVOCADOS!

Dangerous thing, losing your tools. :rolleyes:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And maybe a fig or orange tree. Maybe an apple... Peach tree? SURE! OOOH, AVOCADOS!
Ok I openly admit I'm jealous that you can grow avocados on your property! I love where I live but I'd love to have some of those in my backyard.

Latest posts