What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I transplanted my broccoli to the garden, the 2 Blue/Lavender Irises I bought last fall got planted outside, and most of my gladiolus blubs got planted today.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today was a beautiful day! :) I sowed some beets, radish, and mustard greens. I haven't tried mustard greens before but want to try them this year. Anyone plant mustard greens?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The sun made a rare appearance today so I planted my cucumbers in the greenhouse. This year I am planting Little Leaf cucumbers, and the leaves are indeed small.

littleleaf.jpg

firemenlovechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have planted 48 tomato plants, about 45 various pepper plants (bell, cayenne, banana, jalapeno) onions, strawberries, asparagus, green beans, lima beans, zuchini, spaghetti squash, carrots, radishes, romaine lettuce, spinach, mustard greens, sweet corn, purple hull peas, cucumbers, crimson sweet watermelons, yellow watermelons, canteloupe, musk melons, honeydew, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and more herbs than I can list...... I have three 4 X 10 ft raised beds that have all of the onions and herbs in them. I'm SURE I've missed something..... LOL

Jeff

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Would have been a great day to till and plant a few things, but no one was home that is strong enough for the tiller. However, I did turn the dirt in a raised bed from last year, and set out some onions. probably way late for them. but gotta try.
I think it is going to rain tonight, so will be another long spell before soil is dry enough again.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Beauregard sweet potato slips from Gurney's arrived on Saturday (and spent all day baking in the mailbox because we didn't check the mail until late -- a notice that they had shipped would have been appreciated!!)

The pamphlet that comes with them insists that they will survive no matter how bad they look when they arrive, so I heeled them in overnight Saturday night and got them planted this evening.

I also planted some marigolds and bachelors buttons that I had started from seed in 9-packs on 4/3 -- so just about a month in the 9-packs was perfect for those.

-Wendy