What are You Readin'?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 5 books that I am trying to read at the same time!

This is only "partly" a good thing. That is, if finishing up where the author thinks I should is important!

There are also 2 books on this tablet that I am trying to become familiar with. One is a collection of short biographies; I can pick and choose. One is about the tablet, itself. Ha!

The real books include a vegetarian cookbook which should add a little something to my gardening. One is based on research and I'm not intending to read more than a couple of sentences every few pages where I don't understand what is shown in the tables & graphs.

My reading choices mostly depends on where I am at the moment. I think that there is a strategy behind each book's place in the house. Ha, yeah - I am doing the best I can to learn something and keep myself happy with being indoors so much!

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I try to keep several books going at the same time. In the den I have my Bible and a book that I thought was about learning to eat healthier but is more about self-control in all areas of my life. In the truck is a mystery fiction where the 'sleuth' is a cookie baker. I like that they at the end of each chapter, they give the recipe to the goodies that were mentioned. In the bathroom is a puzzle book and seed catalogues (do catalogues count?) And in the bedroom is the one I'm writing. I guess that counts because I find that I have to read the previous chapters before I can get geared up to start writing.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', do you find time to read . .

. in the truck? I know that I do but that's because I get stuck in parking lots. Garbanzo the dog isn't very good at conversation.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL. I usually eat lunch in my truck (parked under a tree, not driving), so there's time to read. Garbanzo isn't much on small talk? That's ok, neither am I - I find that when I try to chat with myself, I get bored. Mostly because I'm so predictable and I always know just what I'm about to say.
sHa_hehe.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We homeschool, so my list could be as long as my arm. I have several books going at once too. We just finished up Charlotte's Web. ;) Aside from my Bible and a few magazines that I try to stay caught up with, I read a little each night before bed and am in Pilgrim's Progress right now.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh and the book I am now reading is Haunted Mansions of theHudson River. I bought it in Oct,forgot about it, just found now. A little late for Halloween, but still a good book.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to read in bed every night, till I realized I really am not getting enough sleep, so I don't let myself read anything "gripping" at bedtime anymore. At present, I am reading Gone Girl, a murder mystery. The movie was just shot in a town near my home, Cape Girardeau, so I thought I owed it to myself to read it. I may even see the movie. I am also reading Back in Control, written by a spine surgeon about ridding yourself of chronic pain. My bedside reading is seed catalogs, of course, and Around the Year With Emmet Fox. I used to do crossword puzzles at night, but haven't done any lately.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That murder mystery must not be on that bedside table!

Hudson Valley? Cape Girardeau? I also got a book for Christmas but "read" it within about the 1st hour it was in my hands. Small book, 90% pictures! I think all are on the internet - historical photos of local bridges.

I posted a couple on TEG. Enjoy putting them together with what is in my mindseye. Of course, that isn't always current either.

;) Steve

Latest posts