What are your favorite perennial flowers?

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Blueberry Acres ,

can you have camellias in your location?

Visiting places with a more gentle climate early in the year, i feel a certain jealousy for their chance to enjoy camellias.
I'm in zone 6. I checked online and it says some varieties are cold hardy enough for zone 6, but most thrive in zones 7-9.
I have never seen camellias in person, but the photos of them are beautiful!

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The best peonies I have grown came from a package at Dollar General. I don't think you need spend a lot of $ of them, they are just too easy to grow,
That's awesome. I always get my gladiolus corms from the Dollar Tree. Their seeds are great too; exactly what you would get anywhere else, but only 25 cents!

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can look up your community in Wikipedia.

You will find the coordinates for your location which is actually a link to maps, if you choose to view it in google, bing, etc. Information can be right down to unincorporated communities or neighborhoods or even specific locations like historical buildings. Example of a community: Narragansett is located at 41°26' North.

Of course, that line of latitude stretches entirely around the earth and even crosses the Island of Corsica in the Mediterranean Sea ;).

digitS'

Latest posts