What breed of Rooster is this?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roosters can have that green shimmer to their basically black tail feathers,

so is it possible to breed a Rooster with that same green shimmer to basically black body feathers?

The coup de grace would be to make sure it has that Welsummer's face.

It actually could begin a new breed of Chicken if done right! The Corn Flakes Chicken, ESPECIALLY BRED TO BE THE FINEST ROOSTERS!

PROTECTIVE
STRONG
GENTLE
GOOD AROUND THE YOUNG CHICKENS
NICE TO EVEN THE LOWLIEST HEN
CLEAR BUT NOT LOUD VOICE IN GOOD PITCH
CROWS THE SUN UP ONCE OR TWICE AND THEN DONE
CHARISMATIC
NOT INTO FIGHTING UNLESS DEFENDING THE FLOCK
UNIQUE GREEN SHIMMERING BODY
COLORFUL AND BOLD STRONG NORMAL TAIL

The Chickens of the breed should be decent layers and good brooder tendencies, and also beautiful, with at least one variation also with a green shimmer to black body feathers.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our black Australorps have a green shimmer to them Marshall. They are completely black until the sun hits them, then they flash green.

ETA: Cane, those pictures were very funny!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had Australorps several times and they are usually fine layers and just all-around good hens. I am not sure what to say about the one Australorp rooster I had ~ Satan ~ took him back to where I got him.

Anyway, there is a White Australorp in Great Britain. I wish it was easier to import livestock. I have this picture in my mind of identical black & white hens scurrying around on a green lawn . . .

Oh, the white variety has black eyes and feet :cool:.

Steve
pre-color teevee

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Then looks like developing the Corn Flakes Rooster breed is probably a possible thing if someone set their mind to it.

It'd probably take crossing several breeds, selections from among them. Might take 10 years, but would be an enjoyable project.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who's gonna start the Corn Flakes Rooster breeding project?

We should outline the program using a box of Corn Flakes.

Get the box, use scissors to cut a rectangle shape, and write the outline using a sharpie and the plain cardboard inside part.

To make it stand, insert tab A into slot B.

Latest posts