What Did You Cook and Eat From Your Garden Today?

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had zucchini... again. We are eating two or three zucchini a day and picking five or more. And lemon squash, but they are just getting started. I made some zucchini 'crab' cakes. Grated up a few zucc, mix with an egg, bread crumbs, crushed crackers and old bay and a touch of sea salt. Form into patties, dredge in bread crumbs/crushed crackers and pan fry in a little butter or oil. I like coconut oil. The recipe says it taste like crab cakes, but they really didn't. They are however really good. Next I want to try mock apple pie made with zucchini.

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
oh, @Lavender2, the cauliflower wasn't raw. I steamed it for about 10 minutes- just till tender.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have seen *old bay* mentioned in several recipes. What is *old bay* ?
prepared seasoning that is used on seafood. blend of several different ones. haven't opened mine yet as plenty of imitation "old bay".

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have seen *old bay* mentioned in several recipes. What is *old bay* ?

Old Bay is awesome! I put it on everything. Really good on pork chops too. Their website says it is a blend of celery salt, black and red pepper, and paprika. Carol, you really must go buy yourself some and try it. You've been missing out! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We could have a "what do you like to sprinkle on your veggies" thread.

I had (the first picking) Russ' Illinois Snap beans and (most of) a cubed and boiled Viking Purple potato for dinner. Nothing more than salt, pepper and butter went on that potato and I left out the s & p for the snap beans.Both were delicious!

Steve

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Last night we had some of the fingerling potatoes we dug up last weekend. Teresa brined them overnight and let them dry out all day and then roasted them with a little garlic, rosemary and olive oil. She also made some of the squash croquet patties. That and a big 'ol slice of tomato and some roasted chicken and we were eating good.

Latest posts