What Did You Do In The Garden?

akroberts

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have planted spinach celery beets and I still can't remember what else I got in the ground but I am looking forward to the garden. I did get a bunch of corn planted and bought another blackberry bush. I have decided to get some more rocks (big ones), to make some raised beds with. I'm thinking about making stair-styled beds just to be different.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After turning the grass sod for the 3rd time in the path between the new 3' and 4' garden beds, I realized that I gotta get some more of this stuff outta here.

It would have made a difference to my thinking if several inches of topsoil had been moved from the path before the grass was piled there – as I did in the path beside the new 5' bed. More soil is falling out of the sod as it dries and it all would be of so much benefit in the beds, not under that grass.

What to do? I put together a 3 foot cube bin ... the dang thing is not in the way of access to the existing garden but only because of that small size. I want it gone by 2025. Can it hold all that sod from those 2 beds? I doubt it. Can I retrofit it to be higher? Sure ... Shucks, I'd be just as happy to throw it over the neighbor's 6' fence to where I once had that garden for 6 or 8 years. Shoulda refused to give it up after my old neighbor died and the new people moved in. Squatter 's Rights, or something like that ;).

Steve

Latest posts