What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
On a similar path, since there wasn't as much wind as predicted, I sprayed bindweed etc in small dahlia garden. Sprayed earwigs, also.

It began to rain. About .2".

Yesterday, I arrived in the garden with foliar fertilizers to learn that the neighbor was running sprinklers. Needed more water, no question ...

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
$55 sprayer? $10 hand sprayer where you hand spray the burdock is very cheap and easy. Animals don't eat it or you wouldn't have any burdock. When you hand spray directly on target, little extra is no problem. Just spray burdock in center (don't have to douse whole plant), it will die quick. No problems. Let it decompose there.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got so much done in the garden these past few days that I couldn't stop thanking the Lord today every time I passed the garden....and that was a lot of times!
faint.gif

Tore out my tunnels to make improvements, took a heaping barrow full of lettuce and pak choy out of there. Transplanted the broccoli elsewhere.

Put up another CP trellis and planted out the rest of the tomatoes I'll actually need or want this year. The tomatoes are all looking pretty good thus far, tall and slender, but are starting to fill out...love it that they are all from my tomatoes of last year, except the Sweet One Million tomato by the gate. A few of the tomatoes are volunteer tomatoes that I transplanted elsewhere...they are a mystery as to what they are.

Finally got the JBs to lay off the beans so much...still a few, but I think they will recover. The cukes look to be recovering as well...only pulled one out.

Got that one pile of chips spread to areas that had plants growing...I need TONS more chips.
STARE.gif

Got the sunflower staked up, got a Fortex bean planted next to it. Tied up some flowers that were taking up too much floor space. Got the garden weeded....AGAIN...LOVE that Rogue hoe!
Love_.gif
Eli showed me the proper way to sharpen it, so today I filed down some of the nicks and burrs I had put in the edges while being stupid with it.

Got things fertilized and also gave all a dusting of lime. Got the sagging fence tightened up, got flotsam and jetsam cleaned up out of the chips~plant markers, trays, cells, odd bits of plastic here and there. Got lettuce sets and pepper seedlings put under temporary tiny tunnels until they get bigger. Got the Agribon spread out, trimmed the holes and such out of it, rolled it ready for making the tunnel frames.

In other words, the garden looks GREAT right now....and I hurt all over.
STARE.gif
LOL_.gif
Did all of that while helping to watch grandgirls, helping with the outhouse construction, cooking meals, etc.

God is so very good! Only with His strength did I get through these past 3 days.
faint.gif

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Bee, sounds like you got a lot done! Soak that body in some epsom salts.

Mary

Oh, Mary....I would have, but I found I had used them all on the garden! :lol: DIL made a run to town and was supposed to pick some up but she forgot them. :barnie

Got out the trusty castor oil and hit the worst areas, though.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much....hauled some compost to the garden to put in new hills for replanting of the pumpkin and squash. Made the hills, planted the seeds. Done. Just have to wait on rain now.

Tomorrow I'll arrange mini Agribon tunnels over those hills to keep those seedlings protected from the squash borer moth until they are too big to fit in the tunnels.

Latest posts