1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. A "cute" garden bug is eating ALL my peas!!! - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do In The Garden?

Discussion in 'Everything Else Garden' started by digitS', Mar 27, 2016.

1. Jun 18, 2019
    Rhodie Ranch

Rhodie Ranch Garden Master

[​IMG]

My orchids will be liking this ante room off my master. The rest of the house is a bit dark, but this little sitting room will be my happy place. It faces southwest, which means I have to close the blinds at 3 p.m. I've got four more orchids in my master bath, which I'll trade out periodically when they get tired of being too dark.

Outside? Moles, moles and more moles. I'm gonna get a warning letter from the HOA for sure. The moles have torn up my front lawn. I've read all the threads on here, bought fake poison earth worms, a sonic thingamagic, and even tried to drown them out. AAUUGHHH

pjn, ducks4you, flowerbug and 3 others like this.
  2. Jun 18, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

I will try to get a picture. They walk up and down sidewalks, through yards. They really never have got this close to me before or really never get in my yard. They usually are walking all over my neighbors yard and I thought maybe because of my cat, but they showed him.

3. Jun 18, 2019
    ninnymary

ninnymary Garden Master

Yes, there's cardboard underneath. I think I will charge her to maintain it. ;) Maybe I'll give her a 50% discount, haha. I figured I could go every 3 months.

Mary

Rhodie Ranch and ducks4you like this.
  4. Jun 18, 2019
    ninnymary

ninnymary Garden Master

Lovely sitting room. Looks like you still have plenty of room on that shelf for plants if you remove a couple of items.

Mary

5. Jun 19, 2019
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

@Gardening with Rabbits , I have had trouble with sparrows taking dustbaths in a bed I was using to start seedlings for transplants.

I have a neighbor with multiple birdhouses. Another has dense spruce. Both were feeding the sparrows and between them was my backyard with constant sparrow activity. I borrowed my daughter's toy cat and placed it in multiple locations somewhat hidden but near that garden bed. Dustbathing stopped.

The crows may not worry much about something the size of a cat but larger ..? Probably needs to be moved often and may benefit from changes like a scarf or something.

Steve

6. Jun 19, 2019
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

I think giving her a landscape maintenance bill is a great idea, haha!

7. Jun 19, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

There are 5 of them. 002.JPG bird.jpg birds.jpg I was babysitting this afternoon so could not go out much, but when I did get to go out, I saw 2 over by the bok choy. One plant was pulled on and tilted and another with a broken bottom leaf. Kale leaves are on the ground in little pieces. I stayed out weeding and then turned the sprinkler on and they came back and sat on the bean pole wanting in the garden but finally left.

ducks4you likes this.
  8. Jun 19, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

A few years ago I had the trouble with those blackbirds and I made a stuffed thing with a black garbage bag and put in the garden where my cat used to lay. He will not go outside far from the house in the daylight. Something happened to him and scared him. It was when the man moved in with the rabbits. I walked out and one of them just flew a few feet to a fence and I threw a rock at him. The rock hit some metal and made a loud noise and the bird just sat there.

9. Jun 19, 2019
    Trish Stretton

Trish Stretton Garden Ornament

I finally got the next bed area all cleared and ready for its new edging so, tomorrow I'm off to go buy them.

After watching the sunlight on shallots bed, I realised that I needed to move the trellis out of the middle of the bed or when the peas grew up it, they would completely shade one side of the bed.
    Now the trellis is at one end of this and I need to hurry up and sow the peas.

flowerbug likes this.
  10. Jun 19, 2019
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

mmM peas! i should be out checking mine soon. hope you have a good day mischief. :)

Trish Stretton likes this.