What Did You Do In The Garden?

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
never knew the name but we sure have it here now I know what it is trying to kill the trees
battled it off one of our biggest trees :somad

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, we have poison ivy everywhere. It looks nice climbing the trees. We don't have too much problem with it. It is easy to distinguish and even the young'uns learn to not touch it. Also poison oak but Daddy always had us make a paste of salt and water and put on it. With my kids I just would wet the spot and use the salt shaker a few times. Usually by the next day it would pretty well be gone.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got some Muncher (Beit Alpha) cucumbers into the garden. The seed was only a little old but there wasn't much viability. My favorite cucumber ... but I had a couple of American slicers and Lemon cukes to take up some slack.

Weeded some of the flowers and found nightshade weeds with those happy, overwintering potato bugs on them.

It rained a bit after leaving the garden. After a 95°f afternoon yesterday, this afternoon was mid-70's, windy, cloudy and rainy! I think the weeds in the paths are just waiting to re-root themselves. They won't have the chance!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@icertuche, largest problem is the dog gets into, and then rubbing the oil on me. So dog breaks out as well as me. It spread over 2 acres of sand. Kill it, then I get another outbreak some place else. When I started, the roots would rival a tree for size.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I read plain old vinegar or boiling water the vinegar is the easier to me for morning glory

Latest posts