What Did You Do In The Garden?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I mentioned that I had purchased two larger sized viburnum and planted them earlier this month. They are deer resistant. NOPE. They are now half the size that they used to be. :he
Tomato plants are supposed to be poisonous to them yet I’ve had them eaten to the ground repeatedly. I’ve also seen them eat okra plants spines and all.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I did a lot today! Got lots of seeds planted indoors to give them a head start! I planted chives, heirloom tomatoes, lots of herbs, flowers, onions, cucumbers, carrots, squash, garlic and more!! Here are some of the seeds!

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_171154438_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20210221_171154438_640x480.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 117

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks great, @Dahlia.

I almost typed "Great!" I'm so anxious to begin. The seed company with the onion seed order has notified us with a tracking number. USPS says today is the expected delivery.

It's okay but since I began starting onions in late winter, it hasn't been this late! The containers would have just been covered and sitting on the greenhouse floor most of the last 2 or 3 weeks, anyway. May as well begin "tuning up" the remote thermometer for when things go out there and the heat turned on in about 3 weeks. It must have been freezing in there until recently, cloudy and dark - no decent home for an onion seedling :).

I know. I can clear off the receipts and other papers from the top of the fridge! It is almost time for the first go-around with the peppers.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am getting closer. The sun is out and snow melted and I can go get things out of the shed, but I have had major housecleaning. I am not sure I was sick with a cold or an allergic reaction to whatever smell is int he house. My little heater overheated and the extension cord melted to it, so I thought the smell was from that and that i had a cold. DD has not been in the house for awhile to stay away since I was sick and she came yesterday and said she thinks it is the wood stove, but smells like a plastic or chemical. I washed all the curtains and had all the doors open and putting baking soda on the carpet and in bowls around the house and by evening DS came home and he said he did not smell anything but vinegar which I was using. Later, after eating I got up and walked past the wood stove and there was the horrible smell. We used pressed logs this year for the first time and I am not sure if it has something to do with that, but there is a big build up of ash so we let the fire go out and it is cold and I am getting ready to wear a mask and clean the box. DS is going to get on the roof later and clean the stove pipe. Once I get the house clean then I am starting seeds.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I cleaned up a ton of chicken poop wet cardboard and wood chippings, it took for ever and I now need a back rub, so will use my cat and dog for this tonight.

I'm hoping to get my fence fixed soon and fingers crossed a couple of raised beds but don't hold your breath if you do you will only suffocate because I've been hoping for this for two years. 🙏🤞

Last edited:

Latest posts