What Did You Do In The Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My second batch of garlics are waiting, but I didn't have time to plant them yet, the endless rain...

However, I dug out most of Calla Lily tubers, remixed the soil with compost, and started planting tulips. It's excited to see how large those Calla Lily tubers became, so satisfied.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, I did some weeding and added some fresh compost to my raised beds. Last week, I planted some tomato and cucumber seeds, and they're starting to sprout now. Today, I'm planning to tackle some pruning and maybe plant some herbs.

if you can put your approximate location in your profile that would help us. :) nothing we would plant outside now would live very long with winter coming on.

i ended up not getting much done in the gardens today but that is ok, tomorrow will be busy enough.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Remake the door and added some reinforce pieces for the roofed chicken run - I can feel that my skills are slowly progressing. :D
13992.jpg

I also planted some muscari and daffodil bulbs.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is an interesting saw, Phaedra. Multiple blades are on the machine – wow, how does one think of that?!

Last month, the neighbor must have decided that he canceled his lawn service too early. He was out with a lawnmower and then came over to ask about borrowing our trimmer. I apologized for it being a "wimpy thing" and said that I would bring it over.

Had the trimmer and the cord, walk over. He said, "I thought you meant electric like this." And, he shows me a leaf blower with a battery. I said, "no, something like that is something really new to an olde guy like me."

Steve :old

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is an interesting saw, Phaedra. Multiple blades are on the machine – wow, how does one think of that?!

Last month, the neighbor must have decided that he canceled his lawn service too early. He was out with a lawnmower and then came over to ask about borrowing our trimmer. I apologized for it being a "wimpy thing" and said that I would bring it over.

Had the trimmer and the cord, walk over. He said, "I thought you meant electric like this." And, he shows me a leaf blower with a battery. I said, "no, something like that is something really new to an olde guy like me."

Steve :old
More and more devices are now using batteries - they are convenient but also heavyyyyyy...

The saw is okay, as I don't really need to use it all the time, but other devices like the screw driver, I love my very lightweight, easy to charge (with USB), and multi-functional Bosch IXO. DH isn't willing to use it, maybe because of the color? or maybe it's too tiny for a guy? :p He rather went back and got his own bigger version one. Well anyway, with a simple set of drill head, I can handle most of the simple works in the house or garden.

d904d29c1fe9e8504ab5a07c09b20e99ca71.jpg

A while ago, we got an electric stapler gun (left), battery based. We have many devices sharing same batteries. It's strong and can perform perfectly, BUT, it's almost 2.8kg when the battery is installed. The weight and the recoil made it almost impossible for me to hold it high and work properly.

So....again I bought a much smaller and lighter (600g) one that is also charged by USB.
13991.jpg

Ah, the saw has only one blade, what around the blade is a removable clip, I guess it's for protection.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I managed to bring in all the garden ornaments (pots, statuary, fireplace implements from the picnic area, etc) except for the big windspinner which I'm leaving out for a few more days, weeks maybe, because I enjoy looking at it. The solar lights are on the back porch but I still need to remove their batteries and spider webs before putting them into winter storage boxes in the cellar. I ran my summer car through the car wash, filled it with petrol, and disconnected its battery for the winter, then reconnected the battery on my AWD winter car. Winter can come do its worst now I guess. I'm more or less ready.

Latest posts