What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, i can see the ground in the garlic patch now. the squash patch on the other side of the property which is in nearly full sun is still under about 8" of snow. :\

i'm hoping to get the tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers started. i'm going to get some of my brassicas started too.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
well, i can see the ground in the garlic patch now. the squash patch on the other side of the property which is in nearly full sun is still under about 8" of snow. :\

i'm hoping to get the tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers started. i'm going to get some of my brassicas started too.
It is encouraging to read these posts from "the next zone down". Visible ground is creeping northward!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started tomato plants today, and Marconi peppers yesterday. Right now, under my lights, I have spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, basil, parsley and marigolds. I'm going to have to get the cabbage, broccoli and lettuce in the garden in the next week.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I pruned fruit trees and cleaned up and amended my 3 x 6 ft "Salad Garden" bed. It was all fluffy and raked smooth, but I decided to rake up pine needles and mix them into it yesterday. It was too windy to plant lettuce, but I'm gonna try super early tomorrow morning...before the snow hits! :barnie

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lovely New England day. The soil was thawed and the sun was shining. It was still kind of raw so I had to bundle up. I was finally able to weed and cultivate a perennial bed. Not much is up but I got a large 30 X 8 raid bed looking ready to grow. A photo would just look like dirt, but it was a painstaking day of gardening. My back is aching but my soul is joyous!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD brought my stepladder back last week so I pruned the peach tree. The buds are beginning to swell!

DW was supposed to stay the ladder for me because I have a cold. Because she has a cold, she drifted off.

I also sprayed the tree with sulfur. It might have been good that DW was long gone by then but I'm hoping the sulfur spray helps with the cold. Maybe not . . .

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing.... I've done NOTHING...... boo-hoo... sob....

My SIL is coming this weekend with her new hubby and I've spend the last several weekends getting the house/yard clean and ready...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing.... I've done NOTHING...... boo-hoo... sob....

My SIL is coming this weekend with her new hubby and I've spend the last several weekends getting the house/yard clean and ready...
Cane', here is an idea. I remember calculating back when I had good legs that it took me about 90 minutes to dig out 100sqft of bed to a shovel's depth, add compostables, and return the soil to the bed.

100sqft at a time. You might not feel the need to do that much shovel work. Remember, you have to add in the time it takes for a shower.

Steve