What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
After lunch I did some chores, windstorm cleanup, and only got one load of compost into the middle of the berry bed, not even a full load. Tried to rest up, but my teeth aching and being tired caught up to me. All I did after that was tie up a stake for a boysenberry.

Actually very tired right now. May hit the hay early...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hubby totally rocked getting the east bed repaired. Looks so much better with the timbers :)

5842_east_bed1.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice Vfem! :D

today i planted seeds i bought last year for blueberries, red/yellow/black raspberries, black berries and strawberries. i don't expect any berries from any of the plants this year so i'm hoping they will be ready by next year to produce or be good for multiplying in the yard.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That looks great Vfem! So what is the "saved" plant already enjoying the new digs? I can't tell from the pic.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
Hubby totally rocked getting the east bed repaired. Looks so much better with the timbers :)
Looks really nice! Can't wait to see what you plant in it. :D

I put in six 30 foot rows of potatoes today. My back is killing me! Should have been lifting weights or something to get ready for spring. :p It was really hot today, 85 degrees. As often happens here, we've skipped right over spring and have gone on to summer this year.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Everyone is planting and I'm so not there yet! hahaha I can't wait to get that done. I will get some seed in tomorrow, but not much.

That bed actually has shasta daisies (the green you see) and some cone flowers that are just starting to pop up. All the way at the end is a very small hydrangea I grew from a cutting last year. It has a long way to go still. :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
VFEM, can you let me know how you start your berry seeds, and how well they sprout and grow?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Thistle, those spinach seeds that I planted (post 85) are sprouting!
Oddly enough there are about 7 or 8 sprouts up against one side in the container that didn't get mauled by the dog - and about 7 or 8 sprouts up against one side in the container that did. weird
ugly_confused2.gif

Latest posts