What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wind picked up here today. I only picked a few beans. Mostly did household chores.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday I cut down a bunch of my corn stalks and bunched them together and put the around my gazebo. I'll get Monty to post a picture.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I was pulling most of the Burgundy Kidney plants, those that are done, I noticed the Nova Stars are doing a second flush of production, about half the plants. Had not checked them in awhile, and there should be harvests of them starting in a week or so. Also harvested some more Chickasaw and Rio Zape, and 2 of the 3 forms of Badda di Polizzi Blanda, the Long Seeded and the Main form I'm calling Split Collar. Got some more Swedish Browns and one Montezuma Red plant that had mingled in with the Senate Soup White Navy gave me a few final pods of them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The chickens got to be out and about free ranging today since the garden is done. The goats and little horse also enjoyed some free grazing while I pulled up tomato plants, peppers and sunflowers that were frost blackened. Tomorrow it's going to be pepper popper making day with the rest of the jalapenos. I've got bags and bags of sliced peppers in the freezer and almost a gallon of dried peppers. It was a good pepper year! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle', you must have taken better care of them than I did. I've got "some" of each pepper - on small plants.

Today, I buried some compostables in a bed that, maybe, I should have gone ahead and dug completely out. There are some frost-killed zucchinis that look just horrible in the little veggie garden! Cucumbers could wait for the next bed, they are low-lying.

Didn't do any more digging. With all the sunshine - I drug the hoses out where they could warm a little and I could get them rolled up. Gathered up my sprinklers, shaking the water out, and headed home. It took me 2 hours to get those sprinklers and hoses rounded up!

Steve
62f and still sunny at 4pm!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I'll be needing to remove the hoses and Y adaptors and stuff in late November probably. I could probably roll most of the hoses up tomorrow though, just leave the outer hose for if needed.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a beautiful, sunny day today (after several days of cold, depressing rain). :weee I got most of my fall yard clean-up done! And then I pruned a bunch of shrubs/vines that had been annoying me for weeks that I couldn't get to. More yardwork tomorrow hopefully, if the rain will hold off.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
got one garden area tilled to get my garlic planted. had to run out to get some more gas for my tiller and never got the garlic in. they will get in tomorrow morning and a few other areas will get tilled in preparation for next year's anticipated expansions.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dug three tomato and one bell pepper plant to over-winter inside. Took the last of the muskmelon and brought in all the pumpkins and squash. I covered a few Amish past tomato plants that were rather sprawling anyway. Judging from the latest weather forecast I saw, covering won't do much good. Perhaps for tonight, but temps in the low 20s are coming this week. The garden will soon be put to bed.

Latest posts