What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't you read the directions that said to stand on your head while taking pictures? :D
StupidBird, if you are setting the mousetraps outside, please be careful to set them in areas that aren't easily accessible to birds. Earlier this year I was setting traps at night in the chicken yard to catch a family of mice that was eating the chicken food. Early morning before I let the chickens out I discovered that I had caught a cardinal. :ep He was injured so badly I had to put him out of his pain, which was very sad and traumatic for me as well.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Havent done squat in the garden other than feed the Rotmores.
I did dig up my bulb garden over the weekend and add 2 wheelbarrows of old manure from the barn. I got a BUNCH of bulbs for my birthday and will be adding them one evening this week.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
. . . sorghum seed . . . I find the seed a delicious substitute for barley, and the flour is very good. . .
Wait a minute
shock.gif
!!

Do you mean for pearled barley?? 'Bird, what would you do with the sorghum seed to make it useful as a soup ingredient?!

Steve
who is right in the middle of digging dahlias and storing. oh yeah, you can put dahlia roots in soup too but i ain't gonna.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went out and took photos of the snow falling on flowers and autumn colored leaves. It is TOO early for SNOW. Well at least it will not last long.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
snow? that's incredible! today, I planted my garlic. first time for me. I was reading that it needs cooler soil temps & that's why it doesn't do so well in Tx. Therefore, we're supposed to plant it deep so the soil temp doesn't get too warm in spring. I planted it 6". we'll see.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
8098_007.jpg

We got a few inches of the really big sticky fluff. It will be gone soon. Never stuck to the streets. Whew.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
All of the dahlias roots are home, cleaned up and in the garage.

Next step, peat moss and down the basement stairs . . .. ... . !

It is a pretty picture. I'd imagine that when there are sudden changes like, I guess, is happening right now in the Midwest - the trees lose limbs by not being able to shed the weight of the snow. It happens here in our, sometimes, miserable springs :rolleyes:.

Steve
who feels older by the hour during garden clean-up days. gets to be that it is real nice just to come home.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEP. there was a power outage across the river. A weighted limb fell and took out some lines.

Latest posts