What did you like about your garden this Year?

CottageGardener123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:) Alright everyone, share what you LIKED about your garden this year! I liked my tomatoes. I got like 5 jumbos a day (have six t. plants) I also liked all my flowers and other vegies. I almost liked everything except for my corn and cucumbers (they did horrible because someone told me the soil I bought from them for the corn and cucumbers was "Rich" :barnie )

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I liked that I got a good harvest this year. I liked the heirloom tomatoes that I planted. I really liked all the okra harvest since I had none last year. I liked that I did not use any fertilizers or pesticides other than organics.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Honestly, my tomatoes, corn and beans. I got 30 tomatoes a day sometimes, and so many beans, it was unreal. My corn did real well for my first year, I think. Everything else did pretty well, but those three were really great. Guess I should have added that Im still picking quite a few tomatoes as well. I gathered 20+ the other day. Too bad I dont eat them!

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I particularily liked all my tomatoes, several heirloom varieties that were new for me. I had a very abundant crop and am still harvesting.

I loved planting...and eating my potatos, again first time I have ever grown them. What a fun venture.

I had great success with corn and a huge and beautiful display of 5 varieties of sunflowers. My chickens and the wild birds are loving the seeds.

All in all, it has been a lovely year for fruits and vegetables and I have a full cupboard full of canned goods.

Anne

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Potatoes! I was really happy with how my potatoes, garlic & onions turned out, esp. since it was my first year. I was also pleasantly surprised that, when I cut my broccoli plants of at the ground this spring when the weather got hot, they all came back, and i'm getting a second harvest of broccoli! :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sweet onions, Romaine lettuce and Rouge Vif D'etampes pumpkins, although they matured more quickly than they should have. Well, everything did in my garden this year. :rolleyes:

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Our burgundy beans, beets, potatoes and various greens did well, but my biggest fun surprise was how last year's coriander reseeded itself so exuberantly! I learned to use cilantro in many dishes until my DH let on that he hates it! :/

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Scarlet runner beans. We got lots, they did really well once they got past rabbit-height. Marigolds did OK too. Scallopini squash were nice.

unclejoe

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Overall, I was happy with everything in the garden. I'll need a little more of some things and less of others next year. This was our first year of gardening on this scale (4400 sqf) and we canned, dried, or froze more stuff than I ever imagined possible. I think the tomatoes we're my pride and joy since we were able to save whatever we couldn't eat fresh. We're actually still picking them since the weather warmed up again. It looks like we'll have about 60 qts of sauce when everything is done. :p

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Once again I had a very disappointing year. I did like my rainbow swiss chard which did pretty well until the weather got hot. My green beans met my expectations. My peas were abismal as usual. The chickens got through the chicken wire and got most of the tomatoes on the deck. I had one chili pepper plant that is still exploding with peppers.

Latest posts