What Did You Pick Today? 2014

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Buttercup (winter) squash!

Hey, why wait for frost?

Not fully mature but delicious and missed all these long months.

:) Steve
already on his 2nd Alvaro melon

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Picked" up at the produce auction last night: a busshel of peas, 47lbs of armenian cukes, 8lbs of shelled butter beans - all for $45 !
:)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked butterbeans and put one bag in the freezer. They don't produce all at once, just a long season which is nice for eating out of the garden. When we've had butterbeans already that week, I put them in the freezer.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane, can you post a picture of you auction produce? I have a hard time visualizing that. I think I know what a bushel is. :hide

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
They're all currently STUFFED in the fridge in the barn.
The bushel of peas (un-shelled) is in a bag that looks like a small duffel bag. Maybe 2'tall and 1'deep.
I'll get a pict when I get home today... just before I start shelling ALL THOSE PEAS.....

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
84lbs of tomatoes and left another 20+ lbs due to cracking/rotting. Still have sauce maters I'm waiting on. 2lbs of jalapeños, another 3lbs in bell peppers and 10+lbs of green beans so far with plenty more waiting for me.

Been an ok year so far rain and cool temps have us limping along.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heat is giving us a chance to harvest some ripe peppers. And, beans and more beans ...

Storage vegetables are coming out but my plan is not to be storing them yet. Those early potatoes have been in the basement for weeks but I mean things like winter squash and celery root.

Yeah, celeriac! I get a chance to get down there and check those potatoes and start making use of them. What a combination! Starchy celeriac in the bestest mashed potatoes!

No need to wait for frost to start enjoying the baked winter squash. I've been enjoying them Microwaved, I hasten to say, 89° is too hot to turn on the oven (yesterday afternoon's high :)).

Out into the cool morning air soon as there is a little daylight. There's a hill of beans with my name on it ...

Steve
whose tomatoes fairly well came off in a rush.

Latest posts